I just bought a Blackjack II.  I have a Pop email account...

Tutor

I just bought a Blackjack II.  I have a Pop email account...

I just bought a Blackjack II.  I have a Pop email account  (name@domain.com).  My desktop PC sends/receives email with this Pop email.  I get lots of Spam - changing email addresses is not an option. 

Now that I have the Blackjack II, is there a way I can have emails pushed from my desktop PC's inbox to my Blackjack II?  I'm hoping the push from the inbox will be after my anti-Spam software cleans the inbox.  Any help or links to how to do this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Message 1 of 10 (7,783 Views)
Contributor

Re: I just bought a Blackjack II.  I have a Pop email account...

I can tell you that the way you want to solve the spam problem will not work without a lot of work on your PC and, if you could get it to work(which I doubt), it would be a huge security threat to your PC. The bottom line is that you don't want to have your PC sending email out as a smtp server. If you own your domain name and have hosting with a decent provider, look into their server side spam tools. If you are talking about an email account from aol, comcast, hotmail, etc you are probably sol :-(

I am also looking at getting a Blackjack II and was wondering the same thing. I'm thinking that the reality is that if you don't have an email account on a corporate email server, you are going to get a fairly large quantity of spam on your smart phone.

lots of luck
Message 2 of 10 (7,578 Views)
Scholar

Re: I just bought a Blackjack II. I have a Pop email account...

Download and setup the desktop connector. Follow the directions and you can have it push from  your outlook client, which will be after the anti-spam client. This does work, however it is not officially supported.

If you have any questions about this, reply back to the thread.

Message 3 of 10 (7,570 Views)
Tutor

I have installed the desktop connector and followed the directions.  It seems Xpress Mail is grabbing the emails directly from the server rather than having them pushed from my Outlook client.  Where did I miss the step to have the Outlook client push to my smart phone?

Thanks
Message 4 of 10 (7,319 Views)
Mentor

You can always set up spam filters on your email account directly. My ISP account has customizable spam filters as well as a general spam filter setting. I turned on the spam filter for my Yahoo account too. I don't get much spam at all on my BlackJack II with either account. In three weeks, I can truthfully say that I've only received 1 or 2 spam emails total.
Message 5 of 10 (7,300 Views)
Tutor

Typos removed:

I have been wrestling with this problem for nearly a year with the BJ1 (now has WM6).  Was anyone able to help you?
Message 6 of 10 (7,001 Views)
Tutor

Nope.  I am thinking of trying emoze when I get a chance to spend some time on it.  Have you had any luck?
Message 7 of 10 (6,994 Views)
Tutor

No, sorry.  Xpressmail has been such a bummer.  This is just one of a myriad of never-resolved issues.
Message 8 of 10 (6,991 Views)
Tutor

Have you tried getting help from Seven?  Seven is the company that makes express mail.  If you haven't, I may ask them. 

My son is getting a Blackjack II soon, we may try emoze on it.  I'll post back at let you know what happened.
Message 9 of 10 (6,988 Views)
Tutor

Yes, I tried & exhausted Seven.  This is a version which they apparently did for AT&T & they did not support it directly when I last checked.  I look forward to your post on "Emoze."
Message 10 of 10 (6,986 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.