I have a question about adding new lines

Tutor

I have a question about adding new lines

I currently have FamilyTalk and three people on the line.  if I add two more people will they be added at $9.99 a month or will they have to have their own individual plan?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
Professor

Re: I have a question about adding new lines

If they are using iPhones they will have to have their own individual data plans, but voice and text can be shared.
Message 2 of 7
Guru

It's 9.99 a month per line and they share the minutes of the plan. If its a smart phone or iPhone each line has to have its own data plan
Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert

It depends on the Family Plan that you have. If you happen to have the 550 minute family plan, 3 phones are all that are allowed on the 550 plan. You need at least the 700 minute family plan for 5 phones.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7

Just wondering, but is it possible to have the same number on 2 iPhones (my Original iPhone and iPhone4S)? If so, would that be an extra charge? Or would that be treated as an extra line even if it is the same number?

Message 5 of 7
Guru

No you can't have the same phone number on 2 different phones, iPhone or not!
Message 6 of 7
Guru

HelloKitty007 wrote:

Just wondering, but is it possible to have the same number on 2 iPhones (my Original iPhone and iPhone4S)? If so, would that be an extra charge? Or would that be treated as an extra line even if it is the same number?

Slightly off-topic on my part, but there are third-party methods to accomplish some of what you may be looking to achieve by trying to get the same number on two phones--Google Voice is one such option.  With GV I could theoretically have it ring the three iPhones on my account at the same time if/when someone dials my GV number; not sure if this is something that you're looking to accomplish by looking to have a single number on your two iPhones...

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support