Wireless Forums

Posted Jan 4, 2008
9:49:51 AM
View profile
I have a client with a Sierra USB 881 card.  The card con...
I have a client with a Sierra USB 881 card.  The card connects just fine, but when it does, I lose the ability to print via wireless G on my laptop's internal wireless card.  I can continue to reach the printer's interface (HP6900) in my browser, I can telnet to the 9100 port and I can print a configuration page from the printer settings, but cannot print from any application.  The items simply sit in queue until I disconnect the AT&T card and then the documents come right through.

Are you aware of your software redirecting the print spooler in any way, are you aware of this issues and do you have a workaround?

thanks!
Jim
I have a client with a Sierra USB 881 card.  The card connects just fine, but when it does, I lose the ability to print via wireless G on my laptop's internal wireless card.  I can continue to reach the printer's interface (HP6900) in my browser, I can telnet to the 9100 port and I can print a configuration page from the printer settings, but cannot print from any application.  The items simply sit in queue until I disconnect the AT&T card and then the documents come right through.

Are you aware of your software redirecting the print spooler in any way, are you aware of this issues and do you have a workaround?

thanks!
Jim

I have a client with a Sierra USB 881 card.  The card con...

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2008 3:08:52 PM
(0)

jrtall wrote:

thanks!
Jim

Jrtall,

Honestly I have never seen this specific issue.  Because you can access the printer via the browser it stands to reason that ACM is not interferring with your Wi-Fi connection but you may want to try to disable ACM's Wi-Fi functionality just to make sure, Tools > Settings > Verify "Use this as my default Wi-Fi management utility" is unchecked.  When one device will not work when another is connected is usually a resource conflict.  The 881u installs several COM ports in device manager and a modem.  It may be that some of the COM ports used by the printer overlap those that are used by the 881u.  If this is the case try reassigning some of the COM ports and it should work.  Clear as mud right?

jrtall wrote:

thanks!
Jim

Jrtall,

Honestly I have never seen this specific issue.  Because you can access the printer via the browser it stands to reason that ACM is not interferring with your Wi-Fi connection but you may want to try to disable ACM's Wi-Fi functionality just to make sure, Tools > Settings > Verify "Use this as my default Wi-Fi management utility" is unchecked.  When one device will not work when another is connected is usually a resource conflict.  The 881u installs several COM ports in device manager and a modem.  It may be that some of the COM ports used by the printer overlap those that are used by the 881u.  If this is the case try reassigning some of the COM ports and it should work.  Clear as mud right?

Re: I have a client with a Sierra USB 881 card.  The card con...

2 of 2 (1,262 Views)