I hate it when a new iPhone comes out

This board gets overrun with:

I ordered mine

Has anybody gotten theirs yet?

Order from Apple, AT&T or walk in and get it?"

My order is messed up

I got mine

Being shipped to wrong address

Why do I have to be home and sign for it?

When can I get a new phone?

AT&T is not treating me right by not letting me get a new phone after only a year of my two year contract

And similar blather.

Who cares if you ordered or didn't, have gotten it, ordered from one or walked in and got it, etc. I sure don't and I bet many others don't either.  

:

I ordered mine

My order is messed up

I got mine

AT&T is not treating me right by not letting me get a new phone after only a year of my two year contract

And similar blather.

Who cares if you ordered or didn't, have gotten it, ordered from one or walked in and got it, etc. I sure don't and I bet many others don't either.  

:

I hate it when a new iPhone comes out

16 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(16)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 5:44:27 AM
(0)
Mentor

Well then dont visit this forum when an iphone is released.  Simpple solution to a simple problem

Well then dont visit this forum when an iphone is released.  Simpple solution to a simple problem

Re: I hate it when a new iPhone comes out

2 of 17 (492 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 6:00:08 AM
(0)
Scholar

paepae805 wrote:

I thought I would just quote you instead of writing the same thing you said.
I personally make a point to come here for the release to observe and try to get people to think with their mind instead of their emotions. People are angry and rightly so. But it took me one time getting messed over to realize how to play the game. Now I'm sharing and hopefully next time people will be smarter and they will spread what they have learned. It's the circle of life!

paepae805 wrote:

I thought I would just quote you instead of writing the same thing you said.
I personally make a point to come here for the release to observe and try to get people to think with their mind instead of their emotions. People are angry and rightly so. But it took me one time getting messed over to realize how to play the game. Now I'm sharing and hopefully next time people will be smarter and they will spread what they have learned. It's the circle of life!

3 of 17 (483 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 6:44:34 AM
(0)
Scholar

alaman wrote:

I ordered mine

My order is messed up

I got mine

And similar blather.

:

Agree. Many generate their own thread instead of posting to threads that were already established.  Then you get the ignorant responses like "don't visit the forum."

alaman wrote:

I ordered mine

My order is messed up

I got mine

And similar blather.

:

Agree. Many generate their own thread instead of posting to threads that were already established.  Then you get the ignorant responses like "don't visit the forum."

4 of 17 (464 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 6:53:08 AM
(0)
Scholar

gara56 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the mods can merge threads if they feel they cover the same topic as another. Actually, if you hate a place, the most logical solution would be not to visit that place. Just because you don't agree with the solution doesn't make it 'ignorant' or 'stupid' or any other buzz word that get thrown around in lieu of an argument.

But you are entitled to your opinion, just like the rest of us. It's what makes such forums a great place to be.

gara56 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the mods can merge threads if they feel they cover the same topic as another. Actually, if you hate a place, the most logical solution would be not to visit that place. Just because you don't agree with the solution doesn't make it 'ignorant' or 'stupid' or any other buzz word that get thrown around in lieu of an argument.

But you are entitled to your opinion, just like the rest of us. It's what makes such forums a great place to be.

5 of 17 (454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 7:12:55 AM
(0)
Teacher

Maybe if att didnt run things into the ground on launches and total treat their customers like trash you wouldnt hear all the complaining (as you complain).

Maybe if att didnt run things into the ground on launches and total treat their customers like trash you wouldnt hear all the complaining (as you complain).

6 of 17 (435 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 7:24:08 AM
(0)
Guru
This is the very reason why I chose to do my homework when I decided to do my first iPhone upgrade. I read LOTS of old and new posts to know it was in my best interest to order directly from Apple! Had to wait a couple of hours after pre-order launch but otherwise everything went perfect! Got my iphone 4s as promised on the 14th and loving it!!
This is the very reason why I chose to do my homework when I decided to do my first iPhone upgrade. I read LOTS of old and new posts to know it was in my best interest to order directly from Apple! Had to wait a couple of hours after pre-order launch but otherwise everything went perfect! Got my iphone 4s as promised on the 14th and loving it!!

7 of 17 (428 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 7:43:44 AM
(0)
Mentor
Unfortunately, Most The 99% are ignornat self centered Americans who demand things w/o any regards to the generla population. That's why we are going down hill FAST.
Unfortunately, Most The 99% are ignornat self centered Americans who demand things w/o any regards to the generla population. That's why we are going down hill FAST.

8 of 17 (415 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 8:24:58 AM
(0)
Guru
I agree with the OP that we don't need 25 different threads saying the same exact thing! If you want to post your thoughts, opinions or experiences, that's fine but you don't need to post it in multiple threads!
I agree with the OP that we don't need 25 different threads saying the same exact thing! If you want to post your thoughts, opinions or experiences, that's fine but you don't need to post it in multiple threads!

9 of 17 (393 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 8:49:58 AM
(0)
Guru

Facci wrote:

+1  

Facci wrote:

+1  

10 of 17 (378 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 10:07:17 AM
(0)
Scholar

Facci wrote:

I suspect it'll be closer to 2,500 threads saying the same thing before we're done with this. They all want an answer (when will I get my phone?!?!) that nobody can realistically give them at this point.

Facci wrote:

I suspect it'll be closer to 2,500 threads saying the same thing before we're done with this. They all want an answer (when will I get my phone?!?!) that nobody can realistically give them at this point.

11 of 17 (287 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 10:07:30 AM
(0)
Professor
Got mine Saturday morning from the apple store. Took 30 minutes total. Activation was easy ,turn the iphone4S on follow the steps on the screen and your done. I never mess with a preorder!! I just go to the source of the product and they had a bunch in stock.
Got mine Saturday morning from the apple store. Took 30 minutes total. Activation was easy ,turn the iphone4S on follow the steps on the screen and your done. I never mess with a preorder!! I just go to the source of the product and they had a bunch in stock.
hello!!!

12 of 17 (287 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2011 10:44:50 AM
(0)
Guru

I come here on launches to observe the "hilarity" and "absurdity" of the posters.

Why is it people don't the "SEARCH" function. It is amazing how many will post a question that has been just asked in a post one or two posts previously.

And the posts that say. "i ordered mine at ?:?? time, when do you think it will ship?". Really now. We are all customers here, how the heck would we know where your phone is?

Instant gratification will be the ruin of society!

I come here on launches to observe the "hilarity" and "absurdity" of the posters.

Why is it people don't the "SEARCH" function. It is amazing how many will post a question that has been just asked in a post one or two posts previously.

And the posts that say. "i ordered mine at ?:?? time, when do you think it will ship?". Really now. We are all customers here, how the heck would we know where your phone is?

13 of 17 (279 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2011 7:35:20 AM
(0)
Guru

Facci wrote:

That, plus we really don't need people posting about their experiences--positive or negative--in nearly each and every one of those threads as well; I mean, how many times do you really need to post (in multiple threads, no less) about how you were able to walk into the Apple store Saturday morning and was able to walk out with a 4s in 30 minutes?  If I didn't know any better, I'd swear some of these folks do so simply to pad their post count... Smiley Wink

Facci wrote:

That, plus we really don't need people posting about their experiences--positive or negative--in nearly each and every one of those threads as well; I mean, how many times do you really need to post (in multiple threads, no less) about how you were able to walk into the Apple store Saturday morning and was able to walk out with a 4s in 30 minutes?  If I didn't know any better, I'd swear some of these folks do so simply to pad their post count... Smiley Wink

14 of 17 (255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2011 7:53:38 AM
(0)
Professor
I get the most entertainment out of these forums during a new iPhone launch.

15 of 17 (247 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2011 9:42:00 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by ShaunMN on Oct 19, 2011 at 9:44:35 AM

stclair49 wrote:

I'll be honest, this is why I came here, and I won't come back here after I get my phone. I did the same thing when I pre-ordered a Kindle 3 from Amazon. I don't usually pre-order anything, but Amazon had these nice timelines that they quoted to customers, people who ordered before x time on x date will have their item shipped on or before Aug. 12 and so forth. I thought AT&T might do the same. Then I realized that AT&T was fullfilling a whole heck (I didn't realize {word filter evasion} was a bad word) of a lot more orders than Amazon had, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how they get shipped.

Oh well, I agree this is fun reading though.

stclair49 wrote:

I'll be honest, this is why I came here, and I won't come back here after I get my phone. I did the same thing when I pre-ordered a Kindle 3 from Amazon. I don't usually pre-order anything, but Amazon had these nice timelines that they quoted to customers, people who ordered before x time on x date will have their item shipped on or before Aug. 12 and so forth. I thought AT&T might do the same. Then I realized that AT&T was fullfilling a whole heck (I didn't realize {word filter evasion} was a bad word) of a lot more orders than Amazon had, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how they get shipped.

Oh well, I agree this is fun reading though.

[ Edited ]
16 of 17 (232 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2011 11:46:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

dwill05 wrote:
Some posts are funny, but 98% of the time this board is so "spammed" with threads and complaints that I don't want to visit this board. I avoid the threads about "Backorder/Shipping/WHERE IS MY PHONE?!?" because I just simply cannot keep up with them. Instead, I try to find more of the threads I can comfortably reply to, such as this one.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

dwill05 wrote:
Some posts are funny, but 98% of the time this board is so "spammed" with threads and complaints that I don't want to visit this board. I avoid the threads about "Backorder/Shipping/WHERE IS MY PHONE?!?" because I just simply cannot keep up with them. Instead, I try to find more of the threads I can comfortably reply to, such as this one.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

17 of 17 (219 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments