Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 14, 2011
4:09:53 PM
View profile
I got my iPhone 4S! Now goodbye ATT Forums!

Like a lot of you predicted, a new phone is launched and the noobs swarm in asking the same questions over and over re written. But, since I have my new iPhone 4S I would like to bid farewell to the ATT forums until the iPhone 5 is released. Thanks, it's been real.

Like a lot of you predicted, a new phone is launched and the noobs swarm in asking the same questions over and over re written. But, since I have my new iPhone 4S I would like to bid farewell to the ATT forums until the iPhone 5 is released. Thanks, it's been real.

I got my iPhone 4S! Now goodbye ATT Forums!

13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 6:39:21 PM
(0)
Teacher
I wouldn't bid farewell yet. You might have a problem with your new device or maybe get some helpful tips from the forum.
I wouldn't bid farewell yet. You might have a problem with your new device or maybe get some helpful tips from the forum.

Re: I got my iPhone 4S! Now goodbye ATT Forums!

2 of 14 (939 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 6:41:24 PM
(0)
Teacher

Wow, talk about a N00B, the 4S is the iPhone 5.  It's the 5th gen iPhone, the next iPhone that will be released will be the iPhone 6....

iPhone

iPhone 3G

iPhone 3GS

iPhone 4

iPhone 4S

Naturally the next one will be the iPhone 6

Wow, talk about a N00B, the 4S is the iPhone 5.  It's the 5th gen iPhone, the next iPhone that will be released will be the iPhone 6....

iPhone

iPhone 3G

iPhone 3GS

iPhone 4

iPhone 4S

3 of 14 (931 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 8:28:06 AM
(0)
Guru

Red_star wrote:

iPhone

iPhone 3G

iPhone 3GS

iPhone 4

iPhone 4S

Oh really?  Well why didn't Apple name it "iPhone 5" then?  The OP was referring to the 4s by its official/given model name; only a N00B like yourself would fail to see that that is what the OP meant when he/she said "iPhone 4s"

Red_star wrote:

iPhone

iPhone 3G

iPhone 3GS

iPhone 4

iPhone 4S

Oh really?  Well why didn't Apple name it "iPhone 5" then?  The OP was referring to the 4s by its official/given model name; only a N00B like yourself would fail to see that that is what the OP meant when he/she said "iPhone 4s"

4 of 14 (856 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 9:20:43 AM
(0)
Mentor

How the he__ do you go from 4 to 6 ?  No wonder this forum is full of confused know-it-alls !!!

How the he__ do you go from 4 to 6 ?  No wonder this forum is full of confused know-it-alls !!!

5 of 14 (827 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 10:20:18 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by graphite07 on Oct 15, 2011 at 10:22:05 AM

Red_star wrote:

iPhone

iPhone 3G

iPhone 3GS

iPhone 4

iPhone 4S

the 4S is not the Iphone 5.  that Iphone will be released next year  some time, no worries for me i like the 4S. as for a larger screen i used a htc on friday it was hard to hold to make a call on.but i do agree the bigger screen is nice to have.but a bigger screen means battery life wont last as long. but i can get a upgrade in 2 year by then they will have a really nice Iphone out.   and NO the next will be the Iphone 5 not the 6.

to the OP who  started this thread. **BYE** no is making you stay on this forum if you want to leave  take care and enjoy the 4S!

Red_star wrote:

iPhone

iPhone 3G

iPhone 3GS

iPhone 4

iPhone 4S

the 4S is not the Iphone 5.  that Iphone will be released next year  some time, no worries for me i like the 4S. as for a larger screen i used a htc on friday it was hard to hold to make a call on.but i do agree the bigger screen is nice to have.but a bigger screen means battery life wont last as long. but i can get a upgrade in 2 year by then they will have a really nice Iphone out.   and NO the next will be the Iphone 5 not the 6.

to the OP who  started this thread. **BYE** no is making you stay on this forum if you want to leave  take care and enjoy the 4S!

hello!!!

[ Edited ]
6 of 14 (796 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 10:48:23 AM
(0)
Master

graphite07 wrote:

Red_star wrote:

iPhone

iPhone 3G

iPhone 3GS

iPhone 4

iPhone 4S

The best reason i read why we won't see a bigger screen iphone is exactly this.  You can operate an iphone with one hand and do everything.  You cannot do that with a phone with a bigger screen.  There are many who would perceive that change very negatively.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

graphite07 wrote:

Red_star wrote:

iPhone

iPhone 3G

iPhone 3GS

iPhone 4

iPhone 4S

The best reason i read why we won't see a bigger screen iphone is exactly this.  You can operate an iphone with one hand and do everything.  You cannot do that with a phone with a bigger screen.  There are many who would perceive that change very negatively.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

7 of 14 (771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 10:49:55 AM
(0)
Mentor

<----iPhone owner since day 1. Smiley Wink

<----iPhone owner since day 1. Smiley Wink

8 of 14 (766 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 10:59:46 AM
(0)
Scholar

youngjm wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

Red_star wrote:

iPhone

iPhone 3G

iPhone 3GS

iPhone 4

iPhone 4S

Um....I'm pretty sure when Apple DOES have a bigger screen it would be "revolutionary". Now I do like some bigger phones, but they ARE uncomfortable sometimes-and I have big hands!

To be honest, I thought the iPhones screen was too big when first released and now it's a wee bit small. I've had the EVO 4G. It's only a good size when you use the stand...but fiting it in your pocket and what nots is when stuff gets akward. The Galaxy S was a near perfect size. I think 3.964'' is the best size. Not too big and not too small.

Then again there is that Samsung Galaxy Note coming out...

youngjm wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

Red_star wrote:

iPhone

iPhone 3G

iPhone 3GS

iPhone 4

iPhone 4S

Um....I'm pretty sure when Apple DOES have a bigger screen it would be "revolutionary". Now I do like some bigger phones, but they ARE uncomfortable sometimes-and I have big hands!

To be honest, I thought the iPhones screen was too big when first released and now it's a wee bit small. I've had the EVO 4G. It's only a good size when you use the stand...but fiting it in your pocket and what nots is when stuff gets akward. The Galaxy S was a near perfect size. I think 3.964'' is the best size. Not too big and not too small.

Then again there is that Samsung Galaxy Note coming out...

9 of 14 (758 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 1:48:07 PM
(0)
Teacher
Just curious as to why their wasn't an iPhone 2 or 2s?

10 of 14 (666 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 1:59:39 PM
(0)
Teacher

iPhone 4 wrote:

I think it was to reflect the 3G network. As for the next phone being a 5 or 6, nobody but Apple knows the answer to that question. Given that there was no 2 I don't think there is any real rhyme or reason to what the name will be. 

iPhone 4 wrote:

I think it was to reflect the 3G network. As for the next phone being a 5 or 6, nobody but Apple knows the answer to that question. Given that there was no 2 I don't think there is any real rhyme or reason to what the name will be. 

11 of 14 (407 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 3:50:10 PM
(0)
Expert

I'd like to see them named after the big cats Mac OSs, would be easier to keep track of...so 4S is iPhone Lion. Smiley Very Happy  j/k!

I'd like to see them named after the big cats Mac OSs, would be easier to keep track of...so 4S is iPhone Lion. Smiley Very Happy  j/k!

12 of 14 (394 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 11:39:32 PM
(0)
Guru

iPhone 4 wrote:

The original was the iPhone, which did not have the ability to use the 3G network.  Since adding 3G functionality was the main selling feature (or at least the main marketed one) for the next phone, they called it the iPhone 3G.  Not because it was the third generation iPhone, but because it was the first iPhone that had 3G.  The next phone was an upgrade to the previous, keeping the same looks, but upgrading pretty much everything inside.  So they tacked the S on the end of it.  The next one was a complete redo of both the inside and out, and they went with just iPhone 4, presumably since it really was the 4th iPhone model.  Or possibly because it came out with iOS 4. Smiley Happy

I'm guessing they went with iPhone 4S for the current model instead of iPhone 5 because it was again an upgrade with no outward changes, just internal ones.  I'm kind of curious myself what the next one will be called.  And whether it will run on something like iOS5, or if there will be an iOS 6 by then.  And if it is iOS 6 whether they'll skip iPhone 5 and go straight to iPhone 6.

Though really I'm not overly concerned with what they call it. Smiley Happy

iPhone 4 wrote:

The original was the iPhone, which did not have the ability to use the 3G network.  Since adding 3G functionality was the main selling feature (or at least the main marketed one) for the next phone, they called it the iPhone 3G.  Not because it was the third generation iPhone, but because it was the first iPhone that had 3G.  The next phone was an upgrade to the previous, keeping the same looks, but upgrading pretty much everything inside.  So they tacked the S on the end of it.  The next one was a complete redo of both the inside and out, and they went with just iPhone 4, presumably since it really was the 4th iPhone model.  Or possibly because it came out with iOS 4. Smiley Happy

I'm guessing they went with iPhone 4S for the current model instead of iPhone 5 because it was again an upgrade with no outward changes, just internal ones.  I'm kind of curious myself what the next one will be called.  And whether it will run on something like iOS5, or if there will be an iOS 6 by then.  And if it is iOS 6 whether they'll skip iPhone 5 and go straight to iPhone 6.

Though really I'm not overly concerned with what they call it. Smiley Happy

13 of 14 (362 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 7:32:55 AM
(0)
Mentor
I was wondering this as well when I came across info on the net that mentioned the original iPhone is also considered iPhone 2 in relation to the 2.0 software it had been upgraded to.

So you have...

iPhone
(aka, Original or 1st Generation)

iPhone 2
(not marketed as a device on it's own, but refers to the 2.0 software upgrade)

iPhone 3G (from EDGE speed to 3G speed)

iPhone 3GS (Speedier than the previous)

iPhone 4 (newly redesigned body)

iPhone4S (Reboot of iPhone4)
I was wondering this as well when I came across info on the net that mentioned the original iPhone is also considered iPhone 2 in relation to the 2.0 software it had been upgraded to.

So you have...

iPhone
(aka, Original or 1st Generation)

iPhone 2
(not marketed as a device on it's own, but refers to the 2.0 software upgrade)

iPhone 3G (from EDGE speed to 3G speed)

iPhone 3GS (Speedier than the previous)

iPhone 4 (newly redesigned body)

iPhone4S (Reboot of iPhone4)

14 of 14 (327 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments