I got my Samsung Focus S today...did you? What do you think?

Scholar

I got my Samsung Focus S today...did you? What do you think?

I got my Samsung Focus S today.  It's been along time waiting, but it was worth it.  Was just wondering if anyone else wanted to share their thoughts about the phone.

The phone is so thin and light, and I love the Windows OS.  It's very different from the iPhone and Android.   I love the Facebook integration in the People Hub.  So far I have found all my favorite apps that I like. (for those that said that the app selection wasn't that great)

If your considering buying one and have a question, let me know. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6 (313 Views)
Master

Re: I got my Samsung Focus S today...did you? What do you think?

Cool! Which store in Michigan did you get your's from? I wonder if they are available yet in my area to look at or for purchase.

Did you come from an original Focus? Does the phone still have the original clean design and have those nice curves? How does the camera perform?

Next time I'm in RadioShack, I will look for it. Besides, it's been a while since I've seen AT&T's current device selection, anyway. Smiley Tongue

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 6 (296 Views)
Scholar

I purchased my phone from a AT&T store in Livonia Michigan.  I did not have an original Focus, I had a dumb phone previously.  I think I would agree with you about the clean design and curves.  Very smooth and thin.  I think the camera is great, but I am not a big photo geek at all. 

Message 3 of 6 (278 Views)
Master

Nice upgrade, then! Enjoy the new phone, and hopefully others will report to this thread and share their experiences/likes/dislikes about the phone. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 6 (275 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

So far, nothing to dislike. Faster than original Focus. Larger screen is a plus. Maintains "4G".
Message 5 of 6 (273 Views)
Teacher

I purchase a Focus S yesterday also (upgrading from the original Focus) and 3 things really jump out at me:

•  The screen is amazing.  It's larger, more vibrant, and clearer.  Additionally, it seems more glossy which really provides a "high quality" effect.  The screen really is quite lovely.
  •  The phone is much thinner and lighter than the original.  I really didn't expect the weight decrease when the salesman was removing the phone from the box because the Focus S' battery is bigger than that of the original.
  • Overall, this phone is much classier looking than the original Focus.

Other notes:

• The phone operates smoother and faster than the original Focus.
  • The multitouch seems more accurate and responsive than the original.
  • The USB port in on the bottom center of the phone (were it should be) rather than on the top left of the phone.
  • The rear camera takes better pictures than my first dedicated digital camera.
  • Internet sharing is allowed.
  • The "trigger pull weight" is a little too low on the camera button.
Message 6 of 6 (257 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.