Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 14, 2011
5:57:33 AM
View profile
I feel cheated, I missed out on getting a iPhone today because the ATT rep couldn't do his job.

Little back story,

I order three iphone 4s online.   One of them got processed, the other two had a "invailid credit card information".   The invailid credit card information got caught quick, and I called ATT to fix it.

The ATT rep said he changed my CC information, and that I DID NOT LOSE MY PLACE IN LINE.  

I checked three days ago, and nothing changed online, so I called back.   The new ATT rep said the old rep NEVER CHANGED ANYTHING, AND I LOST MY PLACE IN LINE.  So, I had to update my credit card information again.

Why did I lose my place in line?  And more importently, why can't I cancel thoses orders and go pick them up IN STORE?  It's not my fault the ATT rep can't do his job.

Little back story,

I order three iphone 4s online.   One of them got processed, the other two had a "invailid credit card information".   The invailid credit card information got caught quick, and I called ATT to fix it.

The ATT rep said he changed my CC information, and that I DID NOT LOSE MY PLACE IN LINE.  

I checked three days ago, and nothing changed online, so I called back.   The new ATT rep said the old rep NEVER CHANGED ANYTHING, AND I LOST MY PLACE IN LINE.  So, I had to update my credit card information again.

Why did I lose my place in line?  And more importently, why can't I cancel thoses orders and go pick them up IN STORE?  It's not my fault the ATT rep can't do his job.

I feel cheated, I missed out on getting a iPhone today because the ATT rep couldn't do his job.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 6:00:58 AM
(0)
Mentor

sorry to hear this Smiley Sad 

I'm happy I didn't pre-order with all the madness everyone has had with it. I was able to stand in line at my AT&T store this morning (got there at 7am) and I was number 4 in line and I was in teh store at 8 and left at 8:15. They even had a breakfast buffet set up (muffins, donuts, bagels and cream cheese, water and sunny -D!) 

It was an awesome experience!!!  

sorry to hear this Smiley Sad 

I'm happy I didn't pre-order with all the madness everyone has had with it. I was able to stand in line at my AT&T store this morning (got there at 7am) and I was number 4 in line and I was in teh store at 8 and left at 8:15. They even had a breakfast buffet set up (muffins, donuts, bagels and cream cheese, water and sunny -D!) 

It was an awesome experience!!!  

Re: I feel cheated, I missed out on getting a iPhone today because the ATT rep couldn't do his job.

2 of 4 (181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 6:06:11 AM
(0)
Tutor

I got the same email on 11th, and update in info around 5pm (after holding for 1.5 hr...). The rep said I will still be able to wait in the line as my original order. But the ATT website shows the order date is 11th. I called several time the past few days, and all the reps said my order was made on 7th, showed in the premier system on 8th (even though I got the confirmation email right after I finish the order).

But my order status never changed... always "order has been processed and will be shipped shortly". Well, I have got no tracking info yet...

I got the same email on 11th, and update in info around 5pm (after holding for 1.5 hr...). The rep said I will still be able to wait in the line as my original order. But the ATT website shows the order date is 11th. I called several time the past few days, and all the reps said my order was made on 7th, showed in the premier system on 8th (even though I got the confirmation email right after I finish the order).

But my order status never changed... always "order has been processed and will be shipped shortly". Well, I have got no tracking info yet...

Re: I feel cheated, I missed out on getting a iPhone today because the ATT rep couldn't do his job.

3 of 4 (164 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 6:06:26 AM
(0)
Tutor
I waited last time for the iPhone 4, and that was great. I though I could bypass standing in line, I did for one phone, but the ATT rep I guess didn't want me to for the other two.
I waited last time for the iPhone 4, and that was great. I though I could bypass standing in line, I did for one phone, but the ATT rep I guess didn't want me to for the other two.

4 of 4 (163 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments