Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 18, 2012
11:45:48 AM
View profile
I do not want my texting or call history to show up on the bill or online account.

My partner and I have an on and off shaky relationship and sometimes has the tendency to make me feel guilty for who I am talking to. When she is not talking to me, she checks up on me quite a bit. Unfortunately, she told me I would have access to the online account and has not given this to me. She is the sole owner on the account I pay into. I do not want her to be checking my texting history. Please help. Thanks.

My partner and I have an on and off shaky relationship and sometimes has the tendency to make me feel guilty for who I am talking to. When she is not talking to me, she checks up on me quite a bit. Unfortunately, she told me I would have access to the online account and has not given this to me. She is the sole owner on the account I pay into. I do not want her to be checking my texting history. Please help. Thanks.

I do not want my texting or call history to show up on the bill or online account.

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2012 1:16:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
The ONLY way that can happen is get a separate line. You can create your own account with your own phone number (unless they have put a passcode on the account) and it will show everything on your account and your partner's account,
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
The ONLY way that can happen is get a separate line. You can create your own account with your own phone number (unless they have put a passcode on the account) and it will show everything on your account and your partner's account,
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I do not want my texting or call history to show up on the bill or online account.

2 of 5 (8,805 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 10:34:14 AM
(0)
Employee

The only other option I can think of is if you are able to get access to the online account. By having access to the online account and being the only one to have access to the account then she would be unable to see this. ( exception of the bill if you have detailed billing). The other possibly is to move to a prepaid phone or your own account as was stated before me.The only other 2 options are to get a new GF or to stop texting everyone except her.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.”

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

The only other option I can think of is if you are able to get access to the online account. By having access to the online account and being the only one to have access to the account then she would be unable to see this. ( exception of the bill if you have detailed billing). The other possibly is to move to a prepaid phone or your own account as was stated before me.The only other 2 options are to get a new GF or to stop texting everyone except her.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.”

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: I do not want my texting or call history to show up on the bill or online account.

3 of 5 (8,755 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2012 5:03:31 PM
(0)
Mentor

I thought that "sub-users" can have their own password to view their own account, but can't view the master account?  This used to be the way "in the old days", ie early 2000's when I had sprint.   This is also the case (tho not really relevant) with Optimum Online.  Any use aside from the master screen name can log into their own name via optonline.net and manage their own email address, ie password, spam settings.   I only have my own phone on the account so there's no way for me to check.

I thought that "sub-users" can have their own password to view their own account, but can't view the master account?  This used to be the way "in the old days", ie early 2000's when I had sprint.   This is also the case (tho not really relevant) with Optimum Online.  Any use aside from the master screen name can log into their own name via optonline.net and manage their own email address, ie password, spam settings.   I only have my own phone on the account so there's no way for me to check.

~~Sent from my iPhone

4 of 5 (8,676 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2012 7:33:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Not any more. My wife is the sub user. If I log on with her info, I can still see the entire account.
Not any more. My wife is the sub user. If I log on with her info, I can still see the entire account.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (8,665 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments