Wireless Forums

Posted Nov 28, 2008
4:23:00 PM
View profile
I cant receive files (via BLUETOOTH) on my BB Bold? FTP services not found?
I am able to set up Bluetooth links with head sets and other phones and even my pc.& I am able to send files FROM my Bold to these devices(via Bluetooth) but I CANT recieve files on the BOLD... the sending device gets a message such as "FTP services not found on target device" or "service not supported"?

anyone have any ideas how to get the BOLD to accept files via Bluetooth? thanks

I am able to set up Bluetooth links with head sets and other phones and even my pc.& I am able to send files FROM my Bold to these devices(via Bluetooth) but I CANT recieve files on the BOLD... the sending device gets a message such as "FTP services not found on target device" or "service not supported"?

anyone have any ideas how to get the BOLD to accept files via Bluetooth? thanks

I cant receive files (via BLUETOOTH) on my BB Bold? FTP services not found?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2008 8:12:20 AM
(0)
Teacher
Hi Kallard, I was having this exact same problem last night as I tried to swap files using my Mac. It took a while but I finally came across the solution. Even if you are sending files from your PC to the phone, you have to initiate the transfer from the phone end. Go into the media app on your BlackBerry, hit the menu key, and choose, "receive using bluetooth." You will see it then say something like, "waiting for connection." At this point you can open up the bluetooth app on your desktop and go through the normal procedure to send files.
Hi Kallard, I was having this exact same problem last night as I tried to swap files using my Mac. It took a while but I finally came across the solution. Even if you are sending files from your PC to the phone, you have to initiate the transfer from the phone end. Go into the media app on your BlackBerry, hit the menu key, and choose, "receive using bluetooth." You will see it then say something like, "waiting for connection." At this point you can open up the bluetooth app on your desktop and go through the normal procedure to send files.

Re: I cant receive files (via BLUETOOTH) on my BB Bold? FTP services not found?

2 of 4 (3,243 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2008 10:32:32 PM
(0)
Contributor
jiveturkey, Thanks for the solution.  I just used it, worked great.  Now if I can just get it to transfer without having to be right at the computer. :smileyhappy:
jiveturkey, Thanks for the solution.  I just used it, worked great.  Now if I can just get it to transfer without having to be right at the computer. :smileyhappy:

3 of 4 (2,966 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2008 2:42:08 PM
(0)
Mentor
jiveturkey,thank you very much !
jiveturkey,thank you very much !

4 of 4 (2,937 Views)