Ask a question

Posted Nov 28, 2008
    4:23:00 PM
    View profile
    I cant receive files (via BLUETOOTH) on my BB Bold? FTP services not found?
    I am able to set up Bluetooth links with head sets and other phones and even my pc.& I am able to send files FROM my Bold to these devices(via Bluetooth) but I CANT recieve files on the BOLD... the sending device gets a message such as "FTP services not found on target device" or "service not supported"?

anyone have any ideas how to get the BOLD to accept files via Bluetooth? thanks

I cant receive files (via BLUETOOTH) on my BB Bold? FTP services not found?

3 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (3)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 29, 2008 8:12:20 AM
    (0)
    Teacher
    Hi Kallard, I was having this exact same problem last night as I tried to swap files using my Mac. It took a while but I finally came across the solution. Even if you are sending files from your PC to the phone, you have to initiate the transfer from the phone end. Go into the media app on your BlackBerry, hit the menu key, and choose, "receive using bluetooth." You will see it then say something like, "waiting for connection." At this point you can open up the bluetooth app on your desktop and go through the normal procedure to send files.

Re: I cant receive files (via BLUETOOTH) on my BB Bold? FTP services not found?

2 of 4 (3,281 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 14, 2008 10:32:32 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    jiveturkey, Thanks for the solution.  I just used it, worked great.  Now if I can just get it to transfer without having to be right at the computer. Smiley Happy

3 of 4 (3,004 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 15, 2008 2:42:08 PM
    (0)
    Mentor
    jiveturkey,thank you very much !

4 of 4 (2,975 Views)