I can't text a ringtone.... someone please help

Contributor

I can't text a ringtone.... someone please help

I keep trying to text my husband a ringtone and it says it is going through, but he isn't receiving it.  He updated all his phone info with AT&T... I am very new to this texting and ringtone stuffSmiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 5 (3,410 Views)
Master

Re: I can't text a ringtone.... someone please help

Momyarbro3 wrote:
I keep trying to text my husband a ringtone and it says it is going through, but he isn't receiving it.  He updated all his phone info with AT&T... I am very new to this texting and ringtone stuffSmiley Very Happy

Are you trying to buy a ringtone from AT&T's web site?  If so here you go:

QUESTION: Why hasn't my Ringtone arrived yet?

ANSWER:

Normally, a message sent to your wireless phone should be delivered in a few moments, but occasionally system delays may cause it to take a few minutes longer. If after 30 minutes, you still have not received your Ringtone  please verify the following information:
  1. You are a current AT&T wireless services customer.
  2. You have subscribed to Text Messaging (to receive monophonic Ringtones) or Text Messaging and MEdia Net (to receive polyphonic Ringtones, or Super Tones).
  3. You have a Ringtone- or graphics-capable wireless phone.
  4. If you still are experiencing delays, please Contact Us.

Message 2 of 5 (3,395 Views)
Expert

Momyarbro3 wrote:

It sounds like you are trying to send a ringtone from your phone to your husbands phone, if so then you cn not use sms to deliver the ringtone, you would have to use email or bluetooth, however if this is a ringtone that you have bought andf not made yourself the ringtone may be locked by the DRM and thus non-transferable.
Message 3 of 5 (3,363 Views)
Tutor

Interesting point.  I just  purchased a new phone but I am unable to transfer my music tones to the new phone, I would have to purchase them again.  Problem is that some tones are no longer available.  I know that Cingular/AT&T does this to prevent one from sending ringtones which were paid for to other phones, but why isn't there a way to transfer a tone if one maintains the account when purchasing new phones???  So how might one transfer ringtones using Bluetooth?
Message 4 of 5 (3,294 Views)
Expert

Lynon wrote:
     Interesting point.  I just  purchased a new phone but I am unable to transfer my music tones to the new phone, I would have to purchase them again.  Problem is that some tones are no longer available.  I know that Cingular/AT&T does this to prevent one from sending ringtones which were paid for to other phones, but why isn't there a way to transfer a tone if one maintains the account when purchasing new phones???  So how might one transfer ringtones using Bluetooth?

If they are not ringtones that you have made on your own, then you would have to find a way to break the DRM and transfer the songs illegaly.
Message 5 of 5 (3,285 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.