I can send but not receive text messages

Tutor

I can send but not receive text messages

suddenly i can send texts, but can't receive them.  I went out of town....3 hours from my house to an area i travel to often (never a problem before) and this started happening. I've been home for two days and the problem exists.  I tried turning the phone on and off...nothing.

Message 1 of 5
Master

Re: I can send but not receive text messages

Check your phone's message center number. It should read +13123149810.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 5
Employee

Messagecenter number is only for outgoing. I bet you have a captivate running 2.1-update1 software. If so updateto 2.2 and it'll be fixed
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

I have a samsung flight 2, had it for about 8 months.

Suddenly I cant receive calls or texts, but I can make them. This has gone on for three days. Calls go straight to my voicemail despite having full service! But I can make calls and send texts just fine.

It also says I have 2 voicemails, when I checked my voicemail i had 4. I deleted them and it still says I have 2 voicemails.  

I took the battery and sim card out for a while, replaced them and turned it on and after waiting overnight nothing has changed. I deleted all my old messages, sent and received.

This started when I got back to new york from maryland.

I want to make sure I do eventually get any texts that I missed during this period, Im waiting on an important text from someone.

I dont want to restore my phone because I will lose pictures and videos that are saved on it, I guess I can text the pictures to my email and type all of my contacts and sweet texts from friends that I have saved into a text file on my comp, but I cant send my videos out of my phone cause theyre too big, dont want to lose them.

Help!

Message 4 of 5
Contributor

I am also having the same problem but with only one person that I can tell. I check the phone number for the message center and it appears to be correct. I have the Samsung SGH-I727.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support