Posted Oct 29, 2011
8:47:23 AM
View profile
I bought iphones locked I want it to be international
Edited by seleem on Oct 29, 2011 at 9:02:08 AM

Hello

I bought iphone 4s  locked for AT&T 

witch is not working for any the company if I changed the sim card

so I was wondering what I have to do if I want my iphone become international so I can use it with any other company

actually those iphones I sent them to Egypt for my family there as a gifts  but when they put them sim cards didn't work

so I was wondering if I can make them work or even exchange those iphones to another what can work in Egypt

I'll be very thankful if u guys helped me

thanks a lot

Hello

I bought iphone 4s  locked for AT&T 

witch is not working for any the company if I changed the sim card

so I was wondering what I have to do if I want my iphone become international so I can use it with any other company

actually those iphones I sent them to Egypt for my family there as a gifts  but when they put them sim cards didn't work

so I was wondering if I can make them work or even exchange those iphones to another what can work in Egypt

I'll be very thankful if u guys helped me

thanks a lot

I bought iphones locked I want it to be international

[ Edited ]
7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2011 9:01:59 AM
(0)
Professor

If you can get the phones back before your 30-day return period is up, return the phones to wherever you bought them from.  There are no official unlocks for those phones.  Then wait until November when the unlocked iPhone 4S comes out, and buy those. 

If you are beyond your 30-day return period, find a way to sell the two that you have, and buy iPhones in Egypt or unlocked ones here next month.

If you can get the phones back before your 30-day return period is up, return the phones to wherever you bought them from.  There are no official unlocks for those phones.  Then wait until November when the unlocked iPhone 4S comes out, and buy those. 

If you are beyond your 30-day return period, find a way to sell the two that you have, and buy iPhones in Egypt or unlocked ones here next month.

Re: I bought iphones locked I want it to be international

2 of 8 (292 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2011 3:33:17 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thank u so much but here is the problem it would take so much time to send it back to USA

and for sure it it will take over 30 day

so the only solution is that i'll  wait till u can unlock it

but dose it cost to unlock it  ?? and if yes how much it cost  ? and if i wait till the next month do i have to get back to USA to unlock it for me or what  ?

Thank u so much but here is the problem it would take so much time to send it back to USA

and for sure it it will take over 30 day

so the only solution is that i'll  wait till u can unlock it

but dose it cost to unlock it  ?? and if yes how much it cost  ? and if i wait till the next month do i have to get back to USA to unlock it for me or what  ?

3 of 8 (266 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2011 3:54:50 PM
(0)
Mentor

AT&T does not unlock iPhones for anyone for any reason.

Only the carrier to whom the device is locked can request it be unlocked from Apple.

Why in the world did you purchase SIM locked phones to ship out of the country in the first place?

AT&T does not unlock iPhones for anyone for any reason.

Only the carrier to whom the device is locked can request it be unlocked from Apple.

Why in the world did you purchase SIM locked phones to ship out of the country in the first place?

4 of 8 (261 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2011 5:32:13 PM
(0)
Professor
The phones you bought are locked. Neither AT&T nor Apple will unlock them. Period.

If you are within 30 days you can return the phones and get your money back, which you can use to buy an unlocked phone when they become available. If it's after 30 days, you have phones that are locked and will stay locked. You can try to sell them and use the funds to buy proper unlocked phones, or you can try to go to third party vendors and get them unlocked.
The phones you bought are locked. Neither AT&T nor Apple will unlock them. Period.

If you are within 30 days you can return the phones and get your money back, which you can use to buy an unlocked phone when they become available. If it's after 30 days, you have phones that are locked and will stay locked. You can try to sell them and use the funds to buy proper unlocked phones, or you can try to go to third party vendors and get them unlocked.

5 of 8 (253 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2011 6:14:56 PM
(0)
Professor

This is a peer-to-peer forum.  We are not AT&T employees.  However, we have given AT&T's information regarding the fact that AT&T does not unlock iPhones.

This is a peer-to-peer forum.  We are not AT&T employees.  However, we have given AT&T's information regarding the fact that AT&T does not unlock iPhones.

6 of 8 (252 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2011 8:03:20 PM
(0)
Contributor

Well thanks for all replay

I bought those as gifts

so can facetime with them any time better than pay too much money for international calls

the only problem for real it would take more than 30 day to get those iphone back

I think I just lost my money  and the gift that is the most sad part that the gift is not working

I bought those as gifts

so can facetime with them any time better than pay too much money for international calls

the only problem for real it would take more than 30 day to get those iphone back

I think I just lost my money  and the gift that is the most sad part that the gift is not working

7 of 8 (242 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2011 9:09:07 AM
(0)
Master

seleem wrote:

I bought those as gifts

Sorry but this has been ATT's policy since the beginning of iPHones.  Apple does have some options coming for the 4S here shortly.  I would sure try to get them back ASAP to ensure you have a gift that works!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

seleem wrote:

I bought those as gifts

Sorry but this has been ATT's policy since the beginning of iPHones.  Apple does have some options coming for the 4S here shortly.  I would sure try to get them back ASAP to ensure you have a gift that works!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

8 of 8 (218 Views)