Helpful Links

I bought a data plan for my ipad but could rarely access the internet during my trip

I bought a data plan for my ipad but could rarely access the internet during my trip

I bought the 2gb data plan in hopes of being able to use the internet on my ipad.  we traveled on major interstates....35 north out of oklahoma in Kansas, and 70 west into denver.  We only had a few hours of internet access during our entire trip.

This is unacceptable.  ATT prides itself in commercials and other ads about how when you purchase their data plans, you can count on the service being there all the time, anywhere (you know, the Bill Curtis commercials?)

I called ATT customer service during our trip and reported my problems.  I was told to turn the device off and then back on because sometimes when traveling it is not uncommon to lose contact with the cell phone tower.  I turned that thing off and on a dozen times and it didnt help.

I want a refund of my $25.  I called ATT this morning to report this, and all she said was sorry you are not getting a refund.

ATT you gotta do better than this...........

Message 1 of 3
Scholar

Re: I bought a data plan for my ipad but could rarely access the internet during my trip

tigertrader wrote:

ATT prides itself in commercials and other ads about how when you purchase their data plans, you can count on the service being there all the time, anywhere (you know, the Bill Curtis commercials?)

ATT you gotta do better than this...........

No, ATT says that they reach 97% of people in America...  of course, most of those people live in cities. 

Now if they reached 97% of America they would have something to brag about.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Guru

Re: I bought a data plan for my ipad but could rarely access the internet during my trip

You are correct. ATT doesn't do refunds even if you cancel a unused data plan before it takes effect. Smiley Sad

Trust me, I know.

That said I've had decent luck with my 3G ATT iPad.

Granted I don't always get 3G but it does fall back to Edge and that's works better than 1X.

I'm in the midwest but have been doing some intercity travel of late.

J

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

iPhone 8 and 8 Plus is Here! Learn What’s New and How to Order

The Apple Watch Series 3 is Here! Learn how to have the freedom to go with just your watch!

The iPhone X (10) is on it's way!

Additional Support