I applaud Apple in the way they have handle their recent issues.

Mentor

I applaud Apple in the way they have handle their recent issues.

There aren't many companies that will come out and admit there is a problem with their products. On top of that, they take it a step further by offering a solution (free case) but if that still doesn't satisfy you they will allow a full refund. Good for you Apple. I am so pleased to see a manf.  pay attention to their customers needs. Steve has his head in the right place, please customers first then stock holders. For this i am a lifetime Apple owner, thanks again Apple. 

Message 1 of 23
Explorer

Re: I applaud Apple in the way they have handle their recent issues.

I still don't get how he can claim that the iphone4 is the best phone ever made with the best antenna they've ever made but it still performs worse than a 3gs by their own admission. Nothing but coporate spin.

Message 16 of 23
Professor

bstiff wrote:

I still don't get how he can claim that the iphone4 is the best phone ever made with the best antenna they've ever made but it still performs worse than a 3gs by their own admission. Nothing but coporate spin.

And just what do you expect them to do? Say, "our product sucks, sorry, we sold you a defective POS"?

Of course they're going to "spin" it. Anything else would cause their stock price to tank, and that would violate their legal duty to their shareholders to keep profits maximized.

Message 17 of 23
ACE - Professor

bstiff wrote:

It "performs worse than a 3gs" if you bridge the antennas. Otherwise it performs better.

Don't do that. Smiley Very Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 23
Scholar

The complainers can either return their iPhone 4s (if they actually own one) for a refund and/or Google "antenna attenuation" and become knowledgeable about the issue.  Antenna attenuation has been around as long as antennas have.  Body parts in proximity to antennas will cause signal degradation.  This ain't an Apple-specific issue.  It is (as Jobs mentioned) a physics problem.  Hopefully this big hoo-hah over a relatively minor issue will speed up the process of smartphone manufacturers creating better antenna designs.  99% of this story was hyped by bloggers and the media.  Why???  Because crises and calamities get the readers...no crisis, no readers.  Journalism today has become nothing more than dirt-gathering.  Real journalism in this day and age is dead, and those of you who buy into the hype without any research ought to do some analysis and research before you jump on the popular "crisis du jour" bandwagon.

Message 19 of 23
Guru

LOL the funny thing is that Apple/iPhone fanboys would still proclaim the iPhone as the best phone ever, even with the antenna issue...but heaven forbid if the antenna issue occured on any other phone, these same fanboys would come out and say that said phone has gone from mediocre at best to the worse phone ever... Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 23
Scholar

It boils down to this....>>>>....>>>> The iPhone Antenna Song

Message 21 of 23
Explorer

No one mentions that even with all the publicity of the reception problem, the phone is still selling faster than they can make them.

Apple isn't twisting anyone's arm to buy the phone, if you don't like it take it back and move on.

I have owned cell phones back to the days of bag phones and none of them are perfect.

Message 22 of 23
Highlighted

tonester wrote:

LOL the funny thing is that Apple/iPhone fanboys would still proclaim the iPhone as the best phone ever, even with the antenna issue...but heaven forbid if the antenna issue occured on any other phone, these same fanboys would come out and say that said phone has gone from mediocre at best to the worse phone ever... Smiley Wink

Possibly they would.  Dunno, I've never met one.  Personally I consider the iPhone 4 the best phone I've ever purchased, despite the fact that it has the same antenna "issues" that every other smartphone out there does.  While I'm sure that there are a number of phones out there that are mediocre, there are also a lot of very nice phones out there.  Which one is best for any particular person is a matter of what that person needs in a phone.  For me, that's the iPhone 4.  For other people it might be an Android based phone, or one of the many other excellent phones out there.  If so, more power to 'em.  But even though they are all affected by this antenna "issue" that still doesn't necessarily make them the "worse phone ever".

Message 23 of 23
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support