Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 16, 2010
1:57:06 PM
I applaud Apple in the way they have handle their recent issues.

There aren't many companies that will come out and admit there is a problem with their products. On top of that, they take it a step further by offering a solution (free case) but if that still doesn't satisfy you they will allow a full refund. Good for you Apple. I am so pleased to see a manf.  pay attention to their customers needs. Steve has his head in the right place, please customers first then stock holders. For this i am a lifetime Apple owner, thanks again Apple. 

There aren't many companies that will come out and admit there is a problem with their products. On top of that, they take it a step further by offering a solution (free case) but if that still doesn't satisfy you they will allow a full refund. Good for you Apple. I am so pleased to see a manf.  pay attention to their customers needs. Steve has his head in the right place, please customers first then stock holders. For this i am a lifetime Apple owner, thanks again Apple. 

I applaud Apple in the way they have handle their recent issues.

22 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(22)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 2:01:23 PM
(0)
Scholar

Ditto!

Ditto!

Re: I applaud Apple in the way they have handle their recent issues.

2 of 23 (1,162 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 2:02:46 PM
(0)
Guru

LOL, took how many weeks?  And they STILL haven't admitted to FAULTY HARDWARE design?

LOL, took how many weeks?  And they STILL haven't admitted to FAULTY HARDWARE design?

3 of 23 (1,155 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 2:05:37 PM
(0)
Mentor

Graphixx30 wrote:

There aren't many companies that will come out and admit there is a problem with their products. 

And Apple still didn't admit it.  They pointed out that "all" smart phones have he same issue.

My translation of what he said:  "We don't see what the big fuss is about, but just so we can shut you up and keep you happy, we will give you a case".

Graphixx30 wrote:

There aren't many companies that will come out and admit there is a problem with their products. 

And Apple still didn't admit it.  They pointed out that "all" smart phones have he same issue.

My translation of what he said:  "We don't see what the big fuss is about, but just so we can shut you up and keep you happy, we will give you a case".

4 of 23 (1,146 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 2:06:45 PM
(0)
Mentor

Well if you have video evidence that other phones do it then they are right  ! I mean come on. 

Do we see those other manf. offering you anything ? 

Well if you have video evidence that other phones do it then they are right  ! I mean come on. 

Do we see those other manf. offering you anything ? 

5 of 23 (1,141 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 2:08:41 PM
(0)
Scholar

wolfhustler wrote:

Graphixx30 wrote:

Sorry but its so true.  Since when do calls not drop on a cell phone?  Also since when does it not drop when holding it the wrong way?  I have a BB and it will drop calls all the time.  My samsung now just resets...lol which is worse.  I mean comon people.  ALL CELL PHONES DROP CALLS.  There are just alot of haters that hate apple.  Oh well too bad for them.  I cant wait to get my phone!  Now more than ever because I KNOW there is a solution and I know that its still the best phone out there.

wolfhustler wrote:

Graphixx30 wrote:

Sorry but its so true.  Since when do calls not drop on a cell phone?  Also since when does it not drop when holding it the wrong way?  I have a BB and it will drop calls all the time.  My samsung now just resets...lol which is worse.  I mean comon people.  ALL CELL PHONES DROP CALLS.  There are just alot of haters that hate apple.  Oh well too bad for them.  I cant wait to get my phone!  Now more than ever because I KNOW there is a solution and I know that its still the best phone out there.

6 of 23 (1,135 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 2:13:23 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by wolfhustler on Jul 16, 2010 at 2:14:24 PM

It happens frequently actually.

If you saw the Q&A session, one of the people in the audience challenged Jobs to make it happen to his smart phone.

Apple played it smart.  They put up a smoke screen to make it appear as though there is no fault....then offered a freebie.  (Which is appreciated)

The beauty of how they did it was manipulation to perfection.  People think Apple admitted fault when in reality they didn't.  It was a great poker bluff where everyone wins.

It happens frequently actually.

If you saw the Q&A session, one of the people in the audience challenged Jobs to make it happen to his smart phone.

Apple played it smart.  They put up a smoke screen to make it appear as though there is no fault....then offered a freebie.  (Which is appreciated)

The beauty of how they did it was manipulation to perfection.  People think Apple admitted fault when in reality they didn't.  It was a great poker bluff where everyone wins.

[ Edited ]
7 of 23 (1,128 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2010 6:52:29 AM
(0)
Mentor

I just love it when people will make excuses for big corporations that they have nothing vested in ... just because they are trying to justify buying into a LAME product. Steve Jobs is not your friend, he has absolutely no idea you exist.

I just love it when people will make excuses for big corporations that they have nothing vested in ... just because they are trying to justify buying into a LAME product. Steve Jobs is not your friend, he has absolutely no idea you exist.

8 of 23 (1,009 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2010 7:25:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Not Quite Right wrote:

No one needs to justify buying into a LAME product, since they can return it. So, uh, what other reason might there be?

Not Quite Right wrote:

No one needs to justify buying into a LAME product, since they can return it. So, uh, what other reason might there be?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 23 (992 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2010 7:37:09 AM
(0)
Scholar
Well, I like that lame product. I doubt most of you complainers even bought an iPhone 4
Well, I like that lame product. I doubt most of you complainers even bought an iPhone 4

10 of 23 (983 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2010 7:55:08 AM
(0)
Mentor

Graphixx30 wrote:

Companies admit mistake all the time. In the new age of technology fixes are rollout, admissions are made and customers compenstated. The 'free' case is a step further for you ? It's a step back for the real world, the phone doesn't work right without a case my friend. Yes all smartphones have issues. Wrap your phone in foil and see if it still works, drop it in water, is it still working ? I crushed mine with my truck and it quit working? The point is the Apple Iphone 4 has a design flaw. Period. End of Story.  

And 'good for you Apple'... are you an Apple employee or just an 'Apple Biter' ? Customers were reporting day one. Videos on youtube. Cnn. And on tuesday Consumer Reports ALL reported it before Apple.  Jobs has his head in the right place. Really ? Early this year he's touting the new antenna design as smart. Today he's failing to acknowledge it was a a poor design.  Early this year he's reporting it was smart and would lead to improved reception. The truth is it's not smart and lead to poorer reception .He waited until the whole world and multiple consumer reporting agencies solved the problem for them before announcing. And the whole time he was selling the fix for $29 when it's now acknowledge the cost is right at $2.

Graphixx30 wrote:

Companies admit mistake all the time. In the new age of technology fixes are rollout, admissions are made and customers compenstated. The 'free' case is a step further for you ? It's a step back for the real world, the phone doesn't work right without a case my friend. Yes all smartphones have issues. Wrap your phone in foil and see if it still works, drop it in water, is it still working ? I crushed mine with my truck and it quit working? The point is the Apple Iphone 4 has a design flaw. Period. End of Story.  

And 'good for you Apple'... are you an Apple employee or just an 'Apple Biter' ? Customers were reporting day one. Videos on youtube. Cnn. And on tuesday Consumer Reports ALL reported it before Apple.  Jobs has his head in the right place. Really ? Early this year he's touting the new antenna design as smart. Today he's failing to acknowledge it was a a poor design.  Early this year he's reporting it was smart and would lead to improved reception. The truth is it's not smart and lead to poorer reception .He waited until the whole world and multiple consumer reporting agencies solved the problem for them before announcing. And the whole time he was selling the fix for $29 when it's now acknowledge the cost is right at $2.

11 of 23 (804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2010 8:49:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by pamelaz on Jul 17, 2010 at 9:47:54 AM

"The phone doesn't work right without a case" is really getting old.

Of course it works right. It's POSSIBLE to get reduced reception, but it's also possible to use even with reduced reception if you have decent coverage, and it's very easy to use without causing the reduced reception.

{Please keep it courteous}

"The phone doesn't work right without a case" is really getting old.

Of course it works right. It's POSSIBLE to get reduced reception, but it's also possible to use even with reduced reception if you have decent coverage, and it's very easy to use without causing the reduced reception.

{Please keep it courteous}

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
12 of 23 (788 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2010 9:03:35 AM
(0)
Mentor

My phone works fine without a case.

My phone works fine without a case.

13 of 23 (779 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2010 11:01:53 AM
(0)
Professor
p51d007 wrote:
--------------
They admitted to the hardware flaw and pointed to three other companies with the same problem.
p51d007 wrote:
--------------
They admitted to the hardware flaw and pointed to three other companies with the same problem.

14 of 23 (756 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2010 11:09:00 AM
(0)
Guru

Apple Kool-Aid must be delicious. Smiley Indifferent

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Apple Kool-Aid must be delicious. Smiley Indifferent

15 of 23 (749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2010 11:13:34 AM
(0)
Explorer

I still don't get how he can claim that the iphone4 is the best phone ever made with the best antenna they've ever made but it still performs worse than a 3gs by their own admission. Nothing but coporate spin.

I still don't get how he can claim that the iphone4 is the best phone ever made with the best antenna they've ever made but it still performs worse than a 3gs by their own admission. Nothing but coporate spin.

16 of 23 (745 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2010 12:48:45 PM
(0)
Professor

bstiff wrote:

And just what do you expect them to do? Say, "our product sucks, sorry, we sold you a defective POS"?

Of course they're going to "spin" it. Anything else would cause their stock price to tank, and that would violate their legal duty to their shareholders to keep profits maximized.

bstiff wrote:

And just what do you expect them to do? Say, "our product sucks, sorry, we sold you a defective POS"?

Of course they're going to "spin" it. Anything else would cause their stock price to tank, and that would violate their legal duty to their shareholders to keep profits maximized.

Posted from my iPhone 4. Look at me I'm hot and nerdy.

17 of 23 (731 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2010 12:57:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

bstiff wrote:

It "performs worse than a 3gs" if you bridge the antennas. Otherwise it performs better.

Don't do that. Smiley Very Happy

bstiff wrote:

It "performs worse than a 3gs" if you bridge the antennas. Otherwise it performs better.

Don't do that. Smiley Very Happy

18 of 23 (723 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2010 2:48:59 PM
(0)
Scholar

The complainers can either return their iPhone 4s (if they actually own one) for a refund and/or Google "antenna attenuation" and become knowledgeable about the issue.  Antenna attenuation has been around as long as antennas have.  Body parts in proximity to antennas will cause signal degradation.  This ain't an Apple-specific issue.  It is (as Jobs mentioned) a physics problem.  Hopefully this big hoo-hah over a relatively minor issue will speed up the process of smartphone manufacturers creating better antenna designs.  99% of this story was hyped by bloggers and the media.  Why???  Because crises and calamities get the readers...no crisis, no readers.  Journalism today has become nothing more than dirt-gathering.  Real journalism in this day and age is dead, and those of you who buy into the hype without any research ought to do some analysis and research before you jump on the popular "crisis du jour" bandwagon.

The complainers can either return their iPhone 4s (if they actually own one) for a refund and/or Google "antenna attenuation" and become knowledgeable about the issue.  Antenna attenuation has been around as long as antennas have.  Body parts in proximity to antennas will cause signal degradation.  This ain't an Apple-specific issue.  It is (as Jobs mentioned) a physics problem.  Hopefully this big hoo-hah over a relatively minor issue will speed up the process of smartphone manufacturers creating better antenna designs.  99% of this story was hyped by bloggers and the media.  Why???  Because crises and calamities get the readers...no crisis, no readers.  Journalism today has become nothing more than dirt-gathering.  Real journalism in this day and age is dead, and those of you who buy into the hype without any research ought to do some analysis and research before you jump on the popular "crisis du jour" bandwagon.

19 of 23 (703 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2010 8:07:29 AM
(0)
Guru

LOL the funny thing is that Apple/iPhone fanboys would still proclaim the iPhone as the best phone ever, even with the antenna issue...but heaven forbid if the antenna issue occured on any other phone, these same fanboys would come out and say that said phone has gone from mediocre at best to the worse phone ever... Smiley Wink

LOL the funny thing is that Apple/iPhone fanboys would still proclaim the iPhone as the best phone ever, even with the antenna issue...but heaven forbid if the antenna issue occured on any other phone, these same fanboys would come out and say that said phone has gone from mediocre at best to the worse phone ever... Smiley Wink

20 of 23 (652 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2010 10:32:00 AM
(0)
Scholar

It boils down to this....>>>>....>>>> The iPhone Antenna Song

It boils down to this....>>>>....>>>> The iPhone Antenna Song

21 of 23 (459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2010 2:10:05 PM
(0)
Explorer

No one mentions that even with all the publicity of the reception problem, the phone is still selling faster than they can make them.

Apple isn't twisting anyone's arm to buy the phone, if you don't like it take it back and move on.

I have owned cell phones back to the days of bag phones and none of them are perfect.

No one mentions that even with all the publicity of the reception problem, the phone is still selling faster than they can make them.

Apple isn't twisting anyone's arm to buy the phone, if you don't like it take it back and move on.

I have owned cell phones back to the days of bag phones and none of them are perfect.

22 of 23 (434 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2010 2:29:33 PM
(0)
Guru

tonester wrote:

Possibly they would.  Dunno, I've never met one.  Personally I consider the iPhone 4 the best phone I've ever purchased, despite the fact that it has the same antenna "issues" that every other smartphone out there does.  While I'm sure that there are a number of phones out there that are mediocre, there are also a lot of very nice phones out there.  Which one is best for any particular person is a matter of what that person needs in a phone.  For me, that's the iPhone 4.  For other people it might be an Android based phone, or one of the many other excellent phones out there.  If so, more power to 'em.  But even though they are all affected by this antenna "issue" that still doesn't necessarily make them the "worse phone ever".

tonester wrote:

Possibly they would.  Dunno, I've never met one.  Personally I consider the iPhone 4 the best phone I've ever purchased, despite the fact that it has the same antenna "issues" that every other smartphone out there does.  While I'm sure that there are a number of phones out there that are mediocre, there are also a lot of very nice phones out there.  Which one is best for any particular person is a matter of what that person needs in a phone.  For me, that's the iPhone 4.  For other people it might be an Android based phone, or one of the many other excellent phones out there.  If so, more power to 'em.  But even though they are all affected by this antenna "issue" that still doesn't necessarily make them the "worse phone ever".

23 of 23 (422 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments