Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 13, 2008
8:50:05 PM
View profile
I am using the 3G Watcher but my Air Card still runs very slow
I have installed my Sierra 875 and have installed and am running the 3G Watcher. However, the data speed is still as slow or slower than a dial up.

I have a few questions;

First, does anyone have a set of troubleshooting activities to determine what is making it run slow and find ways to fix it?

Second, what ISP allows the card to work at the best speeds?

Third, are their any other factors that can make it run very slow?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
I have installed my Sierra 875 and have installed and am running the 3G Watcher. However, the data speed is still as slow or slower than a dial up.

I have a few questions;

First, does anyone have a set of troubleshooting activities to determine what is making it run slow and find ways to fix it?

Second, what ISP allows the card to work at the best speeds?

Third, are their any other factors that can make it run very slow?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am using the 3G Watcher but my Air Card still runs very slow

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2008 4:20:09 AM
(0)
Master

jbensons wrote:

I have a few questions;

First, does anyone have a set of troubleshooting activities to determine what is making it run slow and find ways to fix it?  << There are many things to try.  see if you have applications eating away at your bandwidth, AOL IM, ICQ, Mirc, any Bittorrent software, any app doing automatic updates, firewalls, virus scanner software, Internet explorer cache needing cleared

Second, what ISP allows the card to work at the best speeds?  << AT&T is the only ISP this card will connect to.

Third, are their any other factors that can make it run very slow?  << refer to the first question.

jbensons wrote:

I have a few questions;

First, does anyone have a set of troubleshooting activities to determine what is making it run slow and find ways to fix it?  << There are many things to try.  see if you have applications eating away at your bandwidth, AOL IM, ICQ, Mirc, any Bittorrent software, any app doing automatic updates, firewalls, virus scanner software, Internet explorer cache needing cleared

Second, what ISP allows the card to work at the best speeds?  << AT&T is the only ISP this card will connect to.

Third, are their any other factors that can make it run very slow?  << refer to the first question.

Re: I am using the 3G Watcher but my Air Card still runs very slow

2 of 2 (2,611 Views)