Helpful Links

I am using the 3G Watcher but my Air Card still runs very slow

Contributor

I am using the 3G Watcher but my Air Card still runs very slow

I have installed my Sierra 875 and have installed and am running the 3G Watcher. However, the data speed is still as slow or slower than a dial up.

I have a few questions;

First, does anyone have a set of troubleshooting activities to determine what is making it run slow and find ways to fix it?

Second, what ISP allows the card to work at the best speeds?

Third, are their any other factors that can make it run very slow?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 2
Master

Re: I am using the 3G Watcher but my Air Card still runs very slow

jbensons wrote:
I have installed my Sierra 875 and have installed and am running the 3G Watcher. However, the data speed is still as slow or slower than a dial up.

I have a few questions;

First, does anyone have a set of troubleshooting activities to determine what is making it run slow and find ways to fix it?  << There are many things to try.  see if you have applications eating away at your bandwidth, AOL IM, ICQ, Mirc, any Bittorrent software, any app doing automatic updates, firewalls, virus scanner software, Internet explorer cache needing cleared

Second, what ISP allows the card to work at the best speeds?  << AT&T is the only ISP this card will connect to.

Third, are their any other factors that can make it run very slow?  << refer to the first question.

Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support