Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 24, 2009
6:08:41 AM
View profile
I am unhappy with something att is doing and I was hopin maybe someonbe has an answer.

I bought a phone to replace a broken company phone and returned the old phone.I need The puk code for this phone.Its MY phone not my account.

It wont let me call anyone att wont let me register and my phone is locked.This is really STUPID.It makes no sense to do things in such a way that

if someone that doesnt own the account but does the phone CANNOT get ANY ONLINE HELP.I only have a cell AND THE @#$#$@@$% PHONE WONT LET ME CALL ANYONE.THEY WONT GIVE ME INFORMATION.ITS A HOLIDAY AND I HAVE NO ONE TO CALL.I amd certain to let someone at att know how I feel about this situation  since i CANT REGISTER.I intend to send snail mail grrrrrrr anyway if you have  an idea or maybe I can drive to a service center.

I bought a phone to replace a broken company phone and returned the old phone.I need The puk code for this phone.Its MY phone not my account.

It wont let me call anyone att wont let me register and my phone is locked.This is really STUPID.It makes no sense to do things in such a way that

if someone that doesnt own the account but does the phone CANNOT get ANY ONLINE HELP.I only have a cell AND THE @#$#$@@$% PHONE WONT LET ME CALL ANYONE.THEY WONT GIVE ME INFORMATION.ITS A HOLIDAY AND I HAVE NO ONE TO CALL.I amd certain to let someone at att know how I feel about this situation  since i CANT REGISTER.I intend to send snail mail grrrrrrr anyway if you have  an idea or maybe I can drive to a service center.

I am unhappy with something att is doing and I was hopin maybe someonbe has an answer.

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2009 6:42:23 AM
(0)
Scholar
Your problem is not with AT&T, but with whomever administers the wireless program for your company.   They need to instruct AT&T on what and what you cannot access on the account.  
Your problem is not with AT&T, but with whomever administers the wireless program for your company.   They need to instruct AT&T on what and what you cannot access on the account.  

Re: I am unhappy with something att is doing and I was hopin maybe someonbe has an answer.

2 of 7 (209 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2009 7:09:55 AM
(0)
Master

A PUK is a security code which will come up when the security code is entered incorrectly too many times.   If you can verify the account, then AT&T will release the PUK to you.  Otherwise, they can't because would breach privacy and security laws.

You will have to find a landline phone to call customer service.  800-331-0500.  Or go into a local AT&T store and they should be able to assist you as well. 

A PUK is a security code which will come up when the security code is entered incorrectly too many times.   If you can verify the account, then AT&T will release the PUK to you.  Otherwise, they can't because would breach privacy and security laws.

You will have to find a landline phone to call customer service.  800-331-0500.  Or go into a local AT&T store and they should be able to assist you as well. 

Re: I am unhappy with something att is doing and I was hopin maybe someonbe has an answer.

3 of 7 (205 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2009 7:22:14 AM
(0)
Scholar
Actually, with a business account, the correct number to call is 800-999-5445
Actually, with a business account, the correct number to call is 800-999-5445

4 of 7 (200 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2009 7:52:07 AM
(0)
Guru
Yep, you'll hafta get with your account administrator to get the PUK code for your phone. Unless you can verify the account to call into custoemr service or are added to be able to get info inside store you'll be SOL until they can give it to you. But it's actually to protect the privacy of your company's account. Keep in mind even with something this simple if AT&T released it unauthroized they would be in violation of the agreement they have w/ your company & your company could have a serious lawsuit against AT&T. So, I bet any day AT&T would rather have a disgruntled customer than los of business on an account & a pending litigation!!!

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Yep, you'll hafta get with your account administrator to get the PUK code for your phone. Unless you can verify the account to call into custoemr service or are added to be able to get info inside store you'll be SOL until they can give it to you. But it's actually to protect the privacy of your company's account. Keep in mind even with something this simple if AT&T released it unauthroized they would be in violation of the agreement they have w/ your company & your company could have a serious lawsuit against AT&T. So, I bet any day AT&T would rather have a disgruntled customer than los of business on an account & a pending litigation!!!

5 of 7 (198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2009 6:19:29 PM
(0)
Former Employee
I want to add.. The phone isn't locked, it's the SIM card. You bought a phone, it's yours, but the SIM card is not, it's your company's, and AT&T will only provide the unlock code to who ever is authorized to access the account. Sounds like you're not authorized, BY YOUR COMPANY, to access the account, so you can only contact who ever is for assistance.
I want to add.. The phone isn't locked, it's the SIM card. You bought a phone, it's yours, but the SIM card is not, it's your company's, and AT&T will only provide the unlock code to who ever is authorized to access the account. Sounds like you're not authorized, BY YOUR COMPANY, to access the account, so you can only contact who ever is for assistance.

6 of 7 (169 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2009 12:47:28 AM
(0)
Tutor
call 1-866-695-2750. It is the only number that I could get a person over the holiday. They could not help me with my issue but they may be able to help you.  But from my experience with that you will need the password to the account in order to access that information.  Considering it is a business account, you may have a hard time getting someone at your company to find it for you.
call 1-866-695-2750. It is the only number that I could get a person over the holiday. They could not help me with my issue but they may be able to help you.  But from my experience with that you will need the password to the account in order to access that information.  Considering it is a business account, you may have a hard time getting someone at your company to find it for you.

7 of 7 (153 Views)