Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 17, 2012
3:10:18 PM
View profile
I am getting robbed by RingTones/AnswerTones/Games

RingTones/AnswerTones/Games have been taking $9.99 from me a lot and finally I have no more money, I can't even make a call. I need this robbery to stop and I want my money back! How can I stop this?

RingTones/AnswerTones/Games have been taking $9.99 from me a lot and finally I have no more money, I can't even make a call. I need this robbery to stop and I want my money back! How can I stop this?

I am getting robbed by RingTones/AnswerTones/Games

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 6:17:21 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hi Katie, 

I got your PM and responded. Please take a look. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Hi Katie, 

I got your PM and responded. Please take a look. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: I am getting robbed by RingTones/AnswerTones/Games

2 of 12 (702 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2012 5:07:50 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same problem too. Yesterday there was a $9.99 charge on my account for something that I did not subscribe/buy. Help me please. 

I have the same problem too. Yesterday there was a $9.99 charge on my account for something that I did not subscribe/buy. Help me please. 

3 of 12 (606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2012 6:34:07 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

captvizcenzo wrote:

Take a look at this article about challenging charges for mobile downloads: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=52712&ct=9002934#fbid=JksbCLIT7p8

It contains instructions on how to view the charges and challenge them.

--------------

captvizcenzo wrote:

Take a look at this article about challenging charges for mobile downloads: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=52712&ct=9002934#fbid=JksbCLIT7p8

It contains instructions on how to view the charges and challenge them.

--------------

4 of 12 (593 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2012 10:22:57 AM
(0)
Contributor

I tried that yesterday but i received this message when I click on the current purchase.

"We are experiencing a failure. Please try your request again shortly.
Error 500." 

I tried that yesterday but i received this message when I click on the current purchase.

"We are experiencing a failure. Please try your request again shortly.
Error 500." 

5 of 12 (584 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2012 10:45:32 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hmm, it's working alright for me. 

You can contact customer care (611 from your phone) and speak with a representative about the charge. 

--------------

Hmm, it's working alright for me. 

You can contact customer care (611 from your phone) and speak with a representative about the charge. 

--------------

6 of 12 (579 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2012 5:26:09 PM
(0)
Contributor

Got my $9.99 back. Smiley Happy

Got my $9.99 back. Smiley Happy

7 of 12 (573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2012 6:00:33 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Woohoo! Smiley Happy

--------------

Woohoo! Smiley Happy

--------------

8 of 12 (564 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2012 1:09:30 PM
(0)
Tutor

How on Earth is it legal for third parties to access and charge your account? I have been getting charged $9.99 for possibly years from some chat service I have never heard of before. I will only get reimbursed from this past month because you can not get reimbursed from charges that are over 60 days old. Never, ever have I agreed to allow any other company but AT&T to charge my AT&T account, and I will absolutely be in contact with an attorney regarding this matter.

How on Earth is it legal for third parties to access and charge your account? I have been getting charged $9.99 for possibly years from some chat service I have never heard of before. I will only get reimbursed from this past month because you can not get reimbursed from charges that are over 60 days old. Never, ever have I agreed to allow any other company but AT&T to charge my AT&T account, and I will absolutely be in contact with an attorney regarding this matter.

9 of 12 (536 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2012 2:50:03 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

ddlnola wrote:

I'm sorry that you've been charged for something you didn't want all this time. I know it's very irritating to be on the hook for a charge you didn't know about. 

If you'd like to speak with someone else about the charges and go over your options, I'd be happy to set that up. Just send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

ddlnola wrote:

I'm sorry that you've been charged for something you didn't want all this time. I know it's very irritating to be on the hook for a charge you didn't know about. 

If you'd like to speak with someone else about the charges and go over your options, I'd be happy to set that up. Just send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

10 of 12 (527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2012 6:35:57 PM
(0)
Tutor

I was contacted by an AT&T representative tonight, they fully refunded my account for the months I was charged and put a purchase block on my account. I could not be more pleased with the customer service!

I was contacted by an AT&T representative tonight, they fully refunded my account for the months I was charged and put a purchase block on my account. I could not be more pleased with the customer service!

11 of 12 (435 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2012 8:35:45 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Great news!

I see that they also added Purchase Blocker which will help prevent this issue from occuring again. 

--------------

Great news!

I see that they also added Purchase Blocker which will help prevent this issue from occuring again. 

--------------

12 of 12 (418 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments