Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 21, 2012
2:59:41 PM
I Thought Galaxy s3 Had Quad Core?

Correct me if im wronge wasnt the Galaxy s3 to have Quad Core?

Correct me if im wronge wasnt the Galaxy s3 to have Quad Core?

I Thought Galaxy s3 Had Quad Core?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2012 4:41:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

The current international versions have the quad-core processor.  The quad-core processor doesn't play well with US LTE networks, so we will get the dual-core processor here.  The upcoming South Korean version will have a quad-core processor and LTE radios, but I think (but could be wrong) that their LTE networks are different from ours.

The current international versions have the quad-core processor.  The quad-core processor doesn't play well with US LTE networks, so we will get the dual-core processor here.  The upcoming South Korean version will have a quad-core processor and LTE radios, but I think (but could be wrong) that their LTE networks are different from ours.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I Thought Galaxy s3 Had Quad Core?

2 of 4 (5,830 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2012 5:13:20 PM
(0)
Teacher

International Exynos based S3 has quad A9's and the Mali GPU.

American Qualcomm based S3 has dual Krait A15's and Adreno 225 GPU.

some think the daul core is better than the quad, also some say the adreno 225 is old and slower than the mali.  the Gpu might be a bigger difference than the cores

International Exynos based S3 has quad A9's and the Mali GPU.

American Qualcomm based S3 has dual Krait A15's and Adreno 225 GPU.

some think the daul core is better than the quad, also some say the adreno 225 is old and slower than the mali.  the Gpu might be a bigger difference than the cores

From my XPERIA ION LT28at XDA: saving AT&T phones 1 FLASH @ a time.

3 of 4 (5,821 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 12:48:15 AM
(0)
Employee
Pointless anyways since no apps actually utilize quad core so its overkill for no reason
Pointless anyways since no apps actually utilize quad core so its overkill for no reason
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (5,761 Views)