Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 30, 2010
4:58:29 AM
View profile
I NEED the PUK number to my phone, like, NOW! (GoPhone Pay as you go )

Okay, so, I entered in the wrong pin 3 times. Hey, I've never had to deal with PINs, so I didn't know.

Now the PUK screen is up, and I know not to enter that wrong 10 times.  It's annoying because I MUST have this phone for my job, which starts in an hour, and I can't get the PUK. I was up til 3am calling customer service, trying to see if the automated machine would do the trick, but that lady's voice got very annoying after an hour or two.

I noticed ATT doesn't offer the same customer care services to GoPhone users as they do to their wireless users (like we can't access LiveChat, or PUK codes online). Their 18003310500 (i think) just redirects me to the Pay as You Go number 1-800-901-9878 (and I know that's for sure by how many times I dialed it)

Please don't tell me to dial 611 (it will say wrong PUK code). Don't tell me how to get it online because you can't do that with GoPhone. Just someone please help me...

Okay, so, I entered in the wrong pin 3 times. Hey, I've never had to deal with PINs, so I didn't know.

Now the PUK screen is up, and I know not to enter that wrong 10 times.  It's annoying because I MUST have this phone for my job, which starts in an hour, and I can't get the PUK. I was up til 3am calling customer service, trying to see if the automated machine would do the trick, but that lady's voice got very annoying after an hour or two.

I noticed ATT doesn't offer the same customer care services to GoPhone users as they do to their wireless users (like we can't access LiveChat, or PUK codes online). Their 18003310500 (i think) just redirects me to the Pay as You Go number 1-800-901-9878 (and I know that's for sure by how many times I dialed it)

Please don't tell me to dial 611 (it will say wrong PUK code). Don't tell me how to get it online because you can't do that with GoPhone. Just someone please help me...

I NEED the PUK number to my phone, like, NOW! (GoPhone Pay as you go )

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2010 4:05:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

punkrockerchic15 wrote:

The only thing you can do (besides getting the PUK or a new SIM at an AT&T store) is call the customer service and once you get redirected to the automated system keep saying “customer service” to all system prompts. Eventually (not very quickly, you'll have to be patient) the system will give up and connect you to a live rep.

punkrockerchic15 wrote:

The only thing you can do (besides getting the PUK or a new SIM at an AT&T store) is call the customer service and once you get redirected to the automated system keep saying “customer service” to all system prompts. Eventually (not very quickly, you'll have to be patient) the system will give up and connect you to a live rep.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I NEED the PUK number to my phone, like, NOW! (GoPhone Pay as you go )

2 of 7 (3,255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2010 6:50:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

dmapr wrote:

punkrockerchic15 wrote:

This just happened to me, also. (On the 17th.) Here's my thread.

URGENT~SIM PUK Code~PLEASE Help First of all, the representatives at the AT&T store are all to lazy to help you obtain the PUK code. Customer service works. Dmapr was right; I am also a GoPhone user, and I locked my SIM by a PUK code. I called the number 1-800-331-0500, and was getting sick and tired of the lady telling me about my features and options. I repeated "customer service" at least three times, and then I was redirected to a live chat representative, Linda. She helped me eaily obtain the PUK code, was friendly, and cooperative. In summary, call the 1-800 number, ignore what the lady has to say, and keep saying "customer service". You will be redirected to a LIVE support rep, and then your problems should be solved. Smiley Happy  

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

dmapr wrote:

punkrockerchic15 wrote:

This just happened to me, also. (On the 17th.) Here's my thread.

URGENT~SIM PUK Code~PLEASE Help First of all, the representatives at the AT&T store are all to lazy to help you obtain the PUK code. Customer service works. Dmapr was right; I am also a GoPhone user, and I locked my SIM by a PUK code. I called the number 1-800-331-0500, and was getting sick and tired of the lady telling me about my features and options. I repeated "customer service" at least three times, and then I was redirected to a live chat representative, Linda. She helped me eaily obtain the PUK code, was friendly, and cooperative. In summary, call the 1-800 number, ignore what the lady has to say, and keep saying "customer service". You will be redirected to a LIVE support rep, and then your problems should be solved. Smiley Happy  

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (3,242 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2010 9:16:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just went through this same situation and could not get connected to anyone. I finally found the number for after hours technical support and had this situation resolved in less than a minute. The number to call after hours is 1-866-695-2750. You will not get any type of voice response system but connect directly with a rep. I hope this helps someone else in the same situation as I could not seem to get through any other way.

I just went through this same situation and could not get connected to anyone. I finally found the number for after hours technical support and had this situation resolved in less than a minute. The number to call after hours is 1-866-695-2750. You will not get any type of voice response system but connect directly with a rep. I hope this helps someone else in the same situation as I could not seem to get through any other way.

4 of 7 (3,220 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 11:12:34 AM
(0)
Professor
When you get the PUK, why not write it down somewhere? Just be careful, writing it down defeats its purpose. But if you frequently lock it out; then I would.
When you get the PUK, why not write it down somewhere? Just be careful, writing it down defeats its purpose. But if you frequently lock it out; then I would.

5 of 7 (3,207 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 11:41:11 PM
(0)
Contributor
I can not use my phone with out puk code. i am out of country help me
My Cell Phone is P7040P
My Cell Phone is P7040P

6 of 7 (2,793 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2012 8:52:12 AM
(0)
Professor

zahidshaikh73 wrote:
My Cell Phone is P7040P

If you cannot call 1-800 numbers from where you are, you can use Skype to call the numbers listed in earlier posts above.

zahidshaikh73 wrote:
My Cell Phone is P7040P

If you cannot call 1-800 numbers from where you are, you can use Skype to call the numbers listed in earlier posts above.

7 of 7 (2,772 Views)