I Get a No SIM Card Notification Randomly

Contributor

I Get a No SIM Card Notification Randomly

Hi, I recently switched from Sprint to AT&T. I bought the Lumia 900 and everything works splendidly except one problem.

If I leave my Lumia alone for a while, when I pick it up it will show an outline of a SIM card with a circle and a line through it. I can only make emergency calls when this happens, no data. Originally I thought this was the data problem people were having but now after the update, nothing's changed.

I've taken my SIM card out and rebooted and it still comes up. I know i have service, I get 10 mpbs on my HSPA+ connection when it actually works. I replaced my phone and same thing still happens, with the update. Is this a phone bug or did AT&T not set up my phone correctly? Anyone else having this problem? Someone please help.

Message 1 of 3 (753 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: I Get a No SIM Card Notification Randomly

foxxxycole wrote:

Hi, I recently switched from Sprint to AT&T. I bought the Lumia 900 and everything works splendidly except one problem.

If I leave my Lumia alone for a while, when I pick it up it will show an outline of a SIM card with a circle and a line through it. I can only make emergency calls when this happens, no data. Originally I thought this was the data problem people were having but now after the update, nothing's changed.

I've taken my SIM card out and rebooted and it still comes up. I know i have service, I get 10 mpbs on my HSPA+ connection when it actually works. I replaced my phone and same thing still happens, with the update. Is this a phone bug or did AT&T not set up my phone correctly? Anyone else having this problem? Someone please help.

This is a problem that is worthy of a visit to you local att store for a new simcard. It sounds like a bad card to me. They are free and att will replace it without blinking an eye.

Message 2 of 3 (741 Views)
Contributor

Re: I Get a No SIM Card Notification Randomly

wow, so simple! thanks a lot, i'll try that tomorrow. =]

Message 3 of 3 (737 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.