I Get a No SIM Card Notification Randomly

Contributor

I Get a No SIM Card Notification Randomly

Hi, I recently switched from Sprint to AT&T. I bought the Lumia 900 and everything works splendidly except one problem.

If I leave my Lumia alone for a while, when I pick it up it will show an outline of a SIM card with a circle and a line through it. I can only make emergency calls when this happens, no data. Originally I thought this was the data problem people were having but now after the update, nothing's changed.

I've taken my SIM card out and rebooted and it still comes up. I know i have service, I get 10 mpbs on my HSPA+ connection when it actually works. I replaced my phone and same thing still happens, with the update. Is this a phone bug or did AT&T not set up my phone correctly? Anyone else having this problem? Someone please help.

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Professor

Re: I Get a No SIM Card Notification Randomly

foxxxycole wrote:

Hi, I recently switched from Sprint to AT&T. I bought the Lumia 900 and everything works splendidly except one problem.

If I leave my Lumia alone for a while, when I pick it up it will show an outline of a SIM card with a circle and a line through it. I can only make emergency calls when this happens, no data. Originally I thought this was the data problem people were having but now after the update, nothing's changed.

I've taken my SIM card out and rebooted and it still comes up. I know i have service, I get 10 mpbs on my HSPA+ connection when it actually works. I replaced my phone and same thing still happens, with the update. Is this a phone bug or did AT&T not set up my phone correctly? Anyone else having this problem? Someone please help.

This is a problem that is worthy of a visit to you local att store for a new simcard. It sounds like a bad card to me. They are free and att will replace it without blinking an eye.

Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: I Get a No SIM Card Notification Randomly

wow, so simple! thanks a lot, i'll try that tomorrow. =]

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support