Hungry iPhone

Mentor

Hungry iPhone

WOW! My iPhone has gotten very hungry.

It likes to eat my emails from the inbox. Just started this a day ago. I have left read emails in the inbox many times because I need to check on the UPS delivery progress or such and yesterday it decided I didn't need them any more and directly deleted them from the server. Not just to the Trash folder...deleted from the server without asking. Today, it did it again, so, I had to set it to ask before deleting any more. I could not get them back even on my laptop.

Hey, I lost a $10 coupon from TGIFridays. That's murder in the first degree! Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 6
Professor

Re: Hungry iPhone

Who is your email provider?

How is it configured? POP3? IMAP4? Exchange?

What you are describing is a setting in most email servers.

Did you change something recently?

Message 2 of 6
Guru

you could have the auto delete thingy on or you screwed up the setting
check your mail setting under settings>mail
Message 3 of 6
Mentor

satchev wrote:

Who is your email provider?

How is it configured? POP3? IMAP4? Exchange?

What you are describing is a setting in most email servers.

Did you change something recently?

Of course, AT&T Yahoo mail is my carrier. I have it set to keep my emails for 5 days unless I override it. I went into settings on the iPhone and turned on "Ask before deleting," which was not set before today, after it ate the emails the last two days. It never deleted them before for months.

It ate the emails as it was updating and populating my inbox with new emails. I watched them disappear one at a time until only the new emails were left. I have PUSH turned on also but it shouldn't PUSH the others out and off the server. It looked weird watching them go, one at a time,  and not into the trash folder. Now I have to give permission as I delete each one by one. SUCKS!

WOW! I just had 4 in my trash folder, 2 new and 2 old, and when it updated two disappeared on their own. I didn't have time to push the Delete All button. Now there are 2 left in the folder.

There is not a "Auto Delete" in my email settings on the iPphone.

Message Edited by LT4HotCam on 09-03-2009 09:15:39 PM
Message 4 of 6
Guru

my yahoo smtp server has been acting up as well
but no evil email muncher!
Message 5 of 6
Mentor

iFrosty wrote:
my yahoo smtp server has been acting up as well
but no evil email muncher!

Thanks. I'll be watching it.

Some times the PUSH works and shows I have new email and other times it only updates, with several emails,l when I am checking my emails.

Message Edited by LT4HotCam on 09-03-2009 09:38:39 PM
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support