Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 1, 2011
5:58:51 AM
Htc inspire 4g sim card cover broke

ok so i was taking the sim card cover on the bottom of the phone off to just look inside for no good reason, and i pulled the cover off by the two sides and when it came off it cracked down the middle. 

what do i do? like can i take it back to the att store, i bought it off contract for 400 bucks, and i havent had it for thirty days, please help!

ok so i was taking the sim card cover on the bottom of the phone off to just look inside for no good reason, and i pulled the cover off by the two sides and when it came off it cracked down the middle. 

what do i do? like can i take it back to the att store, i bought it off contract for 400 bucks, and i havent had it for thirty days, please help!

Htc inspire 4g sim card cover broke

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2011 6:34:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Regardless of whether it was purchased off or on contract, you have 30 days to exchange for a new phone if its defective, or you just change your mind.  Then a one year warranty (usually get a refurb) after that.

If you think the SIM slot broke from normal usage, then its defective or poorly designed, and they should replace the phone.  If it broke b/c you overly rough or abusive to the phone, they might not replace it.

Regardless of whether it was purchased off or on contract, you have 30 days to exchange for a new phone if its defective, or you just change your mind.  Then a one year warranty (usually get a refurb) after that.

If you think the SIM slot broke from normal usage, then its defective or poorly designed, and they should replace the phone.  If it broke b/c you overly rough or abusive to the phone, they might not replace it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Htc inspire 4g sim card cover broke

2 of 12 (6,572 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2011 8:16:35 AM
(0)
Employee

Sorry but that is physical damage not covered by the warranty. To remove the SIM cover, you dont pull from the sides, you slide it down-http://att.deviceanywhere.com/HTCInspire4G/tutorials/9079

Regardless, contact HTC Tech Support to get a replacement SIM cover, no reason to return the device.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Sorry but that is physical damage not covered by the warranty. To remove the SIM cover, you dont pull from the sides, you slide it down-http://att.deviceanywhere.com/HTCInspire4G/tutorials/9079

Regardless, contact HTC Tech Support to get a replacement SIM cover, no reason to return the device.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 12 (6,545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2011 9:03:10 PM
(0)
Scholar

cellphonereviews4u wrote:

I ordered an Inspire and am a little worried about this. I've read quite a few reports of cracking SIM and battery covers, but no one actually clarifies that they are removing them correctly. Did you slide it down, or just pull up from the sides?

cellphonereviews4u wrote:

I ordered an Inspire and am a little worried about this. I've read quite a few reports of cracking SIM and battery covers, but no one actually clarifies that they are removing them correctly. Did you slide it down, or just pull up from the sides?

4 of 12 (6,478 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2011 10:59:22 AM
(0)
Employee

Look at the Tutorials-they show you how each of them are to be removed: http://att.deviceanywhere.com/HTCInspire4G/tutorials

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Look at the Tutorials-they show you how each of them are to be removed: http://att.deviceanywhere.com/HTCInspire4G/tutorials

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 12 (6,408 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2011 9:53:57 PM
(0)
Scholar

Tbones wrote:

I got mine today, the battery cover and SIM covers were much easier to remove than I thought they would be...no cracking! Smiley Happy

Tbones wrote:

I got mine today, the battery cover and SIM covers were much easier to remove than I thought they would be...no cracking! Smiley Happy

6 of 12 (6,375 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2011 6:04:48 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm in a similar situation except my sim card cover fell off somewhere between leaving the store and getting home.  I'm guessing the cover was never put back on correctly when the sim card was installed.  Anyways, the phone won't work and I'm told I cannot return it due to the missing piece.  I have called HTC and At&t.  I keep getting the run-a-round as to which site I need to go to in order to purchase a new sim card cover.  I do not need the entire back, just the sim card cover.  Can you point me, and the rest of us, as to where to buy a cover?

I'm in a similar situation except my sim card cover fell off somewhere between leaving the store and getting home.  I'm guessing the cover was never put back on correctly when the sim card was installed.  Anyways, the phone won't work and I'm told I cannot return it due to the missing piece.  I have called HTC and At&t.  I keep getting the run-a-round as to which site I need to go to in order to purchase a new sim card cover.  I do not need the entire back, just the sim card cover.  Can you point me, and the rest of us, as to where to buy a cover?

7 of 12 (6,280 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2011 8:57:22 PM
(0)
Contributor

Were you able to find out where to buy a replacement sim card cover?  I cracked mine in half trying to remove it.  What a horrible design.  Thanks.

Were you able to find out where to buy a replacement sim card cover?  I cracked mine in half trying to remove it.  What a horrible design.  Thanks.

8 of 12 (5,951 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2011 2:33:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

Same exact problem just happened to me, Was taking off sim card cover and it cracked in half Smiley Sad But HTC's great customer service is sending me a free replacment.. Called there main CS line and they transfered me to this number 1-888-716-3594.. Just give them a call, they will send you a free replacment!

Same exact problem just happened to me, Was taking off sim card cover and it cracked in half Smiley Sad But HTC's great customer service is sending me a free replacment.. Called there main CS line and they transfered me to this number 1-888-716-3594.. Just give them a call, they will send you a free replacment!

9 of 12 (5,856 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2011 1:23:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

I contacted HTC Support at #425-679-5318. They'll ask for IMEI # and gave me a "Case Reference #" and said as soon as they have parts available they will mail replacement to me, in the mean time I have to call back weekly to check on status. Not an immediate fix but at least I'll get one sometime.

I contacted HTC Support at #425-679-5318. They'll ask for IMEI # and gave me a "Case Reference #" and said as soon as they have parts available they will mail replacement to me, in the mean time I have to call back weekly to check on status. Not an immediate fix but at least I'll get one sometime.

10 of 12 (5,799 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2011 2:19:50 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just called HTC using that phone number above, and after taking some information (I think they register everyone to call who hasn't registered their phone who calls in), they will send it out to you via FedEx, it takes about 5-7 business days.

I tried to use the two finger squeeze method, and while it has worked many times before, this time, the cover was on tight and when it came off I accidently smashed it in two, it's still in one piece, it just has a crack in the middle, and pretty much lost all of its tension. It's in a hard gel case, so it will be fine for now.

So yeah call HTC, they are more than willing to help you out.

Phone: +18887163594

I just called HTC using that phone number above, and after taking some information (I think they register everyone to call who hasn't registered their phone who calls in), they will send it out to you via FedEx, it takes about 5-7 business days.

I tried to use the two finger squeeze method, and while it has worked many times before, this time, the cover was on tight and when it came off I accidently smashed it in two, it's still in one piece, it just has a crack in the middle, and pretty much lost all of its tension. It's in a hard gel case, so it will be fine for now.

So yeah call HTC, they are more than willing to help you out.

Phone: +18887163594

11 of 12 (3,103 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2011 2:25:04 PM
(0)
Contributor

I had the same problem.  I couldn't seem to get the cover off by sliding it the recommended way so I tried by the sides and it popped off and cracked down the middle.  I called the number dhong55 shared (18887163594) and after a few minutes of getting my phone serial number, name and address, they said they'd be mailing it out and I should have it in about a week.  There was no charge.  Quick and painless.  They said they get a lot of calls about this.  We all need to learn how to read instructions methinks! Smiley Very Happy

I had the same problem.  I couldn't seem to get the cover off by sliding it the recommended way so I tried by the sides and it popped off and cracked down the middle.  I called the number dhong55 shared (18887163594) and after a few minutes of getting my phone serial number, name and address, they said they'd be mailing it out and I should have it in about a week.  There was no charge.  Quick and painless.  They said they get a lot of calls about this.  We all need to learn how to read instructions methinks! Smiley Very Happy

12 of 12 (2,743 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments