How to unblock an iPhone SIM card?

Contributor

How to unblock an iPhone SIM card?

Hello,

I bought an iPhone 3GS through AT&T (I use the latest version).

I left the United States (and closed my account) in May 2011 and I currently live in France.

I would like to use my American iPhone in Europe but, apparently, I have to unblock the SIM card to be able to do so.

Is there any step-by-step guide to unlocking the iPhone and making it available to other cell carriers' networks?

Thanks in advance,

Samantha

Message 1 of 3 (1,117 Views)
Master

Re: How to unblock an iPhone SIM card?

Please read all the other posts here about this.  ATT iPhones are sold locked to their network and they do not provide any means to unlock them.  Search Google and see if an unauthorized method exists.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 3 (1,116 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: How to unblock an iPhone SIM card?

You do not unlock the SIM card, you REPLACE the SIM card with one from your carrier.

Regardless, two minutes of reading the sticky or the MULTIPLE Unlock threads in this very forum before posting the same freaking question would have given you an answer.

ALL US SOLD IPHONES ARE CARRIER LOCKED!  The only exception started 2 days ago when APPLE started offering carrier unlocked phones.

Sell your current iPhone and buy one in France or use the Internet to find unauthorized options.

Message 3 of 3 (1,108 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.