Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 8, 2011
9:19:33 AM
View profile
How to turn off the ipod on iphone?

I need to know how to turn off the ipod on my iphone 3gs when not in use so it doesn't run down my battery. I have paused and gone out of the ipod but it continues to run down the battery. I am having to charge it twice a day. Help? .

I need to know how to turn off the ipod on my iphone 3gs when not in use so it doesn't run down my battery. I have paused and gone out of the ipod but it continues to run down the battery. I am having to charge it twice a day. Help? .

How to turn off the ipod on iphone?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 11:09:26 AM
(0)
Scholar

Double click home button. Apps tray opens up at the bottom.

Hold finger on any app in that tray until it starts to wobble and has an "x" in the corner. tap the x to close the app.

Hold finger on any app in that tray until it starts to wobble and has an "x" in the corner. tap the x to close the app.

Re: How to turn off the ipod on iphone?

2 of 5 (539 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 12:57:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

dww0311 wrote:

Thank you! Kudos! I did this on my iPod Touch 4G and I did not know that there was a way to end applications like this. I will see if this extends the time of my battery life, too, considering it's not even a year old and the battery seems to be depleting...

Thanks again!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

dww0311 wrote:

Thank you! Kudos! I did this on my iPod Touch 4G and I did not know that there was a way to end applications like this. I will see if this extends the time of my battery life, too, considering it's not even a year old and the battery seems to be depleting...

Thanks again!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 3:01:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you so much!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!

4 of 5 (416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 4:56:42 PM
(0)
Professor

The iPod would not be the primary source of power drain, but a lot of applications previously opened will cause a significant drain as the multitask bar is maintaining memory until the apps are force closed.

If you do not plan on resuming sessions with these applications, forcing the apps to close completely will save up memory and battery power.

Also: Disabling any features you are not going to be using for a time such as increasing the amount of time Mail, Calendar, Contacts are refreshed from automatic to hourly or manual will save power. And disabling Bluetooth will save power as well.

If you are in a "No Service" zone, disabling your phone will save power as well. Leaving it on "No Service" will drain it constantly as it searches all frequency bands periodically until it detects a signal.

The iPod would not be the primary source of power drain, but a lot of applications previously opened will cause a significant drain as the multitask bar is maintaining memory until the apps are force closed.

If you do not plan on resuming sessions with these applications, forcing the apps to close completely will save up memory and battery power.

Also: Disabling any features you are not going to be using for a time such as increasing the amount of time Mail, Calendar, Contacts are refreshed from automatic to hourly or manual will save power. And disabling Bluetooth will save power as well.

If you are in a "No Service" zone, disabling your phone will save power as well. Leaving it on "No Service" will drain it constantly as it searches all frequency bands periodically until it detects a signal.

5 of 5 (379 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments