Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 19, 2010
3:13:54 PM
View profile
How to sync Outlook 2007 to Backflip?

I did a search and could not find an anwser. How do I sync OutLook 2007 with my new Backflip?

Eddie

I did a search and could not find an anwser. How do I sync OutLook 2007 with my new Backflip?

Eddie

How to sync Outlook 2007 to Backflip?

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2010 1:18:28 PM
(0)
Professor

Android is from Google. Sync your Outlook with Gmail and Google Calendar and it will sync with your Backflip. Here are some helpful links from Motorola's website that may help with this:

How do I import my old email and contacts to Gmail so I can sync with my phone?

How do I import my contacts using MyMOTOBLUR account web site?

How do I import my contacts from Outlook into Gmail?

How do I sync events between Google calendar and Microsoft outlook?

You may also want to check out:

Motorola Media Link - Sync photos, videos, and music.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Android is from Google. Sync your Outlook with Gmail and Google Calendar and it will sync with your Backflip. Here are some helpful links from Motorola's website that may help with this:

How do I import my old email and contacts to Gmail so I can sync with my phone?

How do I import my contacts using MyMOTOBLUR account web site?

How do I import my contacts from Outlook into Gmail?

How do I sync events between Google calendar and Microsoft outlook?

You may also want to check out:

Motorola Media Link - Sync photos, videos, and music.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Re: How to sync Outlook 2007 to Backflip?

2 of 9 (4,567 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2010 2:14:51 PM
(0)
Contributor

Is there an option for those of us who don't use gmail?

Is there an option for those of us who don't use gmail?

3 of 9 (4,163 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2010 2:35:47 PM
(0)
Professor

Android is Google's operating system. It will work best with Google family products.

Android is Google's operating system. It will work best with Google family products.

4 of 9 (4,154 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2010 7:45:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

I don't want all of my information in the cloud.  I have to many contacts that are linked with the calendar.  When i get emailed an update, my calendar is already fixed.

I want to sync directly with Outlook, not through the cloud.  Can it be done?  If it can not, then it is a deal breaker.

I don't want all of my information in the cloud.  I have to many contacts that are linked with the calendar.  When i get emailed an update, my calendar is already fixed.

I want to sync directly with Outlook, not through the cloud.  Can it be done?  If it can not, then it is a deal breaker.

5 of 9 (4,092 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2010 4:47:04 PM
(0)
Contributor

This is absurd!  How can a "smart phone" be so stupid, and not address a very basic need?!

I have seen software to do this, but they want to charge $50 for the basic, and $90 for the full.  All I want is to have my outlook contacts (that I use constantly) the same as on my phone.  This isn't a very big request, and I get the feeling that Google is trying to force everyone into their format, when I was under the impression that Android was "open"!

Very disappointing.  Man Sad

This is absurd!  How can a "smart phone" be so stupid, and not address a very basic need?!

I have seen software to do this, but they want to charge $50 for the basic, and $90 for the full.  All I want is to have my outlook contacts (that I use constantly) the same as on my phone.  This isn't a very big request, and I get the feeling that Google is trying to force everyone into their format, when I was under the impression that Android was "open"!

Very disappointing.  Man Sad

6 of 9 (3,981 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2010 7:16:29 PM
(0)
Scholar

If you want to live in a MS Centric world, then you should get a MS Centric phone. Android is not that. Android is cloud centric. So its not a question of "stupid" its a question of what is the right tool for you, and it sounds like its not Android. No biggie, that is why many different platforms exist.

If you want to live in a MS Centric world, then you should get a MS Centric phone. Android is not that. Android is cloud centric. So its not a question of "stupid" its a question of what is the right tool for you, and it sounds like its not Android. No biggie, that is why many different platforms exist.

7 of 9 (3,919 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2010 6:54:56 AM
(0)
Tutor

eatkins, there are many ways to sync Android phones without using any of the cloud Google Services.  There are USB, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth sync solutions available.  There are also cloud solutions that do not use Google Services, but the software manufacturer's cloud services instead.  There is a chart at www.syncdroid.net that shows the software, what it syncs (calendar, contacts, notes, tasks, email), how it syncs (USB, Wi-Fi, wireless), the price (many free) and more.  There is also an overview of each software title.

Remember, just because it is an Android phone does not mean you are forced to use Google's Cloud services to sync.

eatkins, there are many ways to sync Android phones without using any of the cloud Google Services.  There are USB, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth sync solutions available.  There are also cloud solutions that do not use Google Services, but the software manufacturer's cloud services instead.  There is a chart at www.syncdroid.net that shows the software, what it syncs (calendar, contacts, notes, tasks, email), how it syncs (USB, Wi-Fi, wireless), the price (many free) and more.  There is also an overview of each software title.

Remember, just because it is an Android phone does not mean you are forced to use Google's Cloud services to sync.

Many ways to sync Outlook to Backflip

8 of 9 (2,498 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2010 1:27:37 PM
(0)
Expert

VydorScope wrote:

Given that the majority of major corporations in the world is MS Centric and if android wants to be accepted in the MS Centric business world they had better have of doing it. As of right now android based phones are not permitted on our network, nor will they be until they become more "MS Centric" 

VydorScope wrote:

Given that the majority of major corporations in the world is MS Centric and if android wants to be accepted in the MS Centric business world they had better have of doing it. As of right now android based phones are not permitted on our network, nor will they be until they become more "MS Centric" 

9 of 9 (2,387 Views)