How to retrieve voicemail in a foreign country

Contributor

How to retrieve voicemail in a foreign country

I'm in Ireland, but live in the States. I'm trying to recieve a voicemail from my phone, but it won't let me. How do I get it?
Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert

Re: How to retrieve voicemail in a foreign country

Rubyslippers2 wrote:
I'm in Ireland, but live in the States. I'm trying to recieve a voicemail from my phone, but it won't let me. How do I get it?

First, if you plan to do it from your phone, you need to make sure all of the following is tru:

1. Your phone supports both 900 & 1800 MHz GSM frequencies used in Ireland
  2. You have international roaming enabled on your account
  3. You're dialing VM retrieval number and not your own phone number

If at least one of those conditions is not met, you won't be able to retrieve VM from your phone. If you have a password set for accessing VM you can use other phone services to dial your phone number, hit * to interrup the prompt and enter the password to retrieve the VM. best to turn the cell phone off just in case before calling it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support