Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 6, 2009
11:08:48 AM
View profile
How to retrieve voicemail in a foreign country
I'm in Ireland, but live in the States. I'm trying to recieve a voicemail from my phone, but it won't let me. How do I get it?
I'm in Ireland, but live in the States. I'm trying to recieve a voicemail from my phone, but it won't let me. How do I get it?

How to retrieve voicemail in a foreign country

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2009 2:01:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Rubyslippers2 wrote:

First, if you plan to do it from your phone, you need to make sure all of the following is tru:

1. Your phone supports both 900 & 1800 MHz GSM frequencies used in Ireland
  2. You have international roaming enabled on your account
  3. You're dialing VM retrieval number and not your own phone number

If at least one of those conditions is not met, you won't be able to retrieve VM from your phone. If you have a password set for accessing VM you can use other phone services to dial your phone number, hit * to interrup the prompt and enter the password to retrieve the VM. best to turn the cell phone off just in case before calling it.

Rubyslippers2 wrote:

First, if you plan to do it from your phone, you need to make sure all of the following is tru:

1. Your phone supports both 900 & 1800 MHz GSM frequencies used in Ireland
  2. You have international roaming enabled on your account
  3. You're dialing VM retrieval number and not your own phone number

If at least one of those conditions is not met, you won't be able to retrieve VM from your phone. If you have a password set for accessing VM you can use other phone services to dial your phone number, hit * to interrup the prompt and enter the password to retrieve the VM. best to turn the cell phone off just in case before calling it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How to retrieve voicemail in a foreign country

2 of 2 (2,694 Views)