How to make contacts save on iPhone after sync

Professor

How to make contacts save on iPhone after sync

I've noticed lately that I lose some of my contacts sfter a sync. I have iTunes set to sync with Outlook. My understanding is that the phone backs up to Outlook during the sync process, until I make changes on the iPhone and then those changes go to Outlook the next time I sync. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (953 Views)
Professor

Re: How to make contacts save on iPhone after sync

After you sync, the contacts are completely gone from your iPhone and Outlook?

Are these contacts created on your iPhone or in Outlook?

Any errors generated during the sync process?

Message 2 of 3 (918 Views)
Professor

Re: How to make contacts save on iPhone after sync

Actually, some of the additions I made to contacts after the last sync are the ones in question. I added new names and numbers to a few of my existing contacts on the iPhone. After I sync, those additions are erased from the iPhone and because they weren't backed up onto the computer during the syncing process, never made it to Outlook. After I disconnect the iPhone following the sync, that particular contact will display exactly like it was before, without the additional names and numbers on the iPhone. I've re-added those names and numbers a couple of times. Each time I do, they get erased during the sync.

There are no errors I can think of that occur during syncing.

Thanks for your help on this.

Message 3 of 3 (898 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.