Helpful Links

How to keep screen locked when receiving phone call?

Contributor

How to keep screen locked when receiving phone call?

Hello all. I am very happy with my new HTC Inspire 4G, but have one annoying issue: when I have my phone locked for example with a 4 digit PIN (so it won't start all kinds of apps while carried aound in my pocket), it automatically unlocks when a call comes in. So when I then slide it our of my pocket it either declines or answers (depending on the screen direction upon putting it inside my pocket). So I either decline for no reason as the screen reacts to the brushing against my pants when taking the phone out of my pocket, or I accept the call on occasions where I prefer to take a message.

Does anyone know if it is posible to really lock the screen, even when receiving a call, meaning I will first have to enter my 4 digit code to unlock before I can answer?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Message 1 of 3
Scholar

Re: How to keep screen locked when receiving phone call?

I don't use a pin on my phone so might not be spot on. I use widget locker found in the market. With it installed and getting a call, the entire screen is still unresponsive except where it says accept/decline. Once the call is over, your phone goes back to lock screen.

sparky123 wrote:

Hello all. I am very happy with my new HTC Inspire 4G, but have one annoying issue: when I have my phone locked for example with a 4 digit PIN (so it won't start all kinds of apps while carried aound in my pocket), it automatically unlocks when a call comes in. So when I then slide it our of my pocket it either declines or answers (depending on the screen direction upon putting it inside my pocket). So I either decline for no reason as the screen reacts to the brushing against my pants when taking the phone out of my pocket, or I accept the call on occasions where I prefer to take a message.

Does anyone know if it is posible to really lock the screen, even when receiving a call, meaning I will first have to enter my 4 digit code to unlock before I can answer?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: How to keep screen locked when receiving phone call?

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried the widget locker app but result is still the same. The phone still picks up/declines upon touching the screen one direction or the other while taking it out of my pocket. I really want it to ask me for a short pin before it takes my accept/decline touch so I can first check who's calling...

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support