How to keep screen locked when receiving phone call?

Contributor

How to keep screen locked when receiving phone call?

Hello all. I am very happy with my new HTC Inspire 4G, but have one annoying issue: when I have my phone locked for example with a 4 digit PIN (so it won't start all kinds of apps while carried aound in my pocket), it automatically unlocks when a call comes in. So when I then slide it our of my pocket it either declines or answers (depending on the screen direction upon putting it inside my pocket). So I either decline for no reason as the screen reacts to the brushing against my pants when taking the phone out of my pocket, or I accept the call on occasions where I prefer to take a message.

Does anyone know if it is posible to really lock the screen, even when receiving a call, meaning I will first have to enter my 4 digit code to unlock before I can answer?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Message 1 of 3 (416 Views)
Scholar

Re: How to keep screen locked when receiving phone call?

I don't use a pin on my phone so might not be spot on. I use widget locker found in the market. With it installed and getting a call, the entire screen is still unresponsive except where it says accept/decline. Once the call is over, your phone goes back to lock screen.

sparky123 wrote:

Hello all. I am very happy with my new HTC Inspire 4G, but have one annoying issue: when I have my phone locked for example with a 4 digit PIN (so it won't start all kinds of apps while carried aound in my pocket), it automatically unlocks when a call comes in. So when I then slide it our of my pocket it either declines or answers (depending on the screen direction upon putting it inside my pocket). So I either decline for no reason as the screen reacts to the brushing against my pants when taking the phone out of my pocket, or I accept the call on occasions where I prefer to take a message.

Does anyone know if it is posible to really lock the screen, even when receiving a call, meaning I will first have to enter my 4 digit code to unlock before I can answer?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Message 2 of 3 (406 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: How to keep screen locked when receiving phone call?

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried the widget locker app but result is still the same. The phone still picks up/declines upon touching the screen one direction or the other while taking it out of my pocket. I really want it to ask me for a short pin before it takes my accept/decline touch so I can first check who's calling...

Message 3 of 3 (385 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.