How to input IP address?

Highlighted
Contributor

How to input IP address?

We have network that need static IP in order to get online. How can I input the address to this device?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4

Re: How to input IP address?

I recommend you should read and follow the available information for your device. This may save you some time to figure how to make it work. Here are a few pointers:

- YOU CAN NOT enter any IP address! Your network needs to run a DHCP server 

- This device ONLY works by way of DHCP'd addresses: dynamically alocated or reserved NOT static!

- This device has NO configuration interface ie. it can not be user configured: it does all that by itself.

Network Initialisation:

- Fetch a DHCP'd address from server

- Call the mother-ship to open active connections through any firewall

- Hooks up a SSL connection on UDP4500 with ATT

One more interesting thing to note is this device can only behind 1 level of NAT maximum.

SF.

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I find this extremely concerning. I just purchased a microcell yesterday and was told that you can setup a proxy by AT&T IT folks. 

Are you certain that there's no way to put in a basic proxy .pac file? Most businesses have a proxy so I find it hard to believe that htey market this for business and do not have a mechanism to support it.

Thanks in advance.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Master

The MicroCell is a totally closed system. There is no way to configure it or even run diagnostics like you can a router.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support