How to input IP address?

Highlighted
Contributor

How to input IP address?

We have network that need static IP in order to get online. How can I input the address to this device?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (1,279 Views)

Re: How to input IP address?

I recommend you should read and follow the available information for your device. This may save you some time to figure how to make it work. Here are a few pointers:

- YOU CAN NOT enter any IP address! Your network needs to run a DHCP server 

- This device ONLY works by way of DHCP'd addresses: dynamically alocated or reserved NOT static!

- This device has NO configuration interface ie. it can not be user configured: it does all that by itself.

Network Initialisation:

- Fetch a DHCP'd address from server

- Call the mother-ship to open active connections through any firewall

- Hooks up a SSL connection on UDP4500 with ATT

One more interesting thing to note is this device can only behind 1 level of NAT maximum.

SF.

Message 2 of 4 (1,270 Views)
Contributor

I find this extremely concerning. I just purchased a microcell yesterday and was told that you can setup a proxy by AT&T IT folks. 

Are you certain that there's no way to put in a basic proxy .pac file? Most businesses have a proxy so I find it hard to believe that htey market this for business and do not have a mechanism to support it.

Thanks in advance.

Message 3 of 4 (1,147 Views)
ACE - Master

The MicroCell is a totally closed system. There is no way to configure it or even run diagnostics like you can a router.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (1,128 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.