Ask a question

Posted May 2, 2008
    8:47:19 AM
    View profile
    How to delete an ATT email account
    Edited by Sentry on May 2, 2008 at 11:21:12 AM
    Please help!!!
    I bought a blackberry pearl which i am not using. I decided to give it as a gift to my sister in Ecuador and we unlocked the phone (we know that after unlocking the phone is not under warranty from ATT only from RIM). I already assigned my sony ericsson phone into my plan with att. The problem my sister is facing with the local operator in Ecuador is that is not letting her use the email because even though att had release the blackberry from my account, is still showing the following account which is not letting her use the email:

[Content Edited]

What should i DO in order to delete this account from the blackberry phone and to assigned the PORTA account who is the new operator my sister is using. Please note that the phone is not giving any problems at all, is just the email account.

Thanks

For your own security, please refrain from posting personal content in the forum's public realm. Thank you.

Message Edited by Sentry on 05-02-2008 02:21:12 PM

How to delete an ATT email account

[ Edited ]
    4 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (4)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 2, 2008 10:00:23 AM
    (0)
    Professor
    Sign into your BIS account (where you set up your email on the PC) and delete the PIN and IMEI from it. That should work.

Re: How to delete an ATT email account

2 of 5 (9,910 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 4, 2008 1:20:54 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    Thanks for your prompt answer and sorry to ask you but what is BIS?? Can i do this myself or i need to bring it to any store? Please let me know

3 of 5 (9,831 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 4, 2008 3:29:15 PM
    (0)
    Professor
    Login HERE

4 of 5 (9,819 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 5, 2008 9:16:39 AM
    (0)
    Professor
    Actually, you'll need to call 611, ask for BB support and have your BIS account deleted.

5 of 5 (9,783 Views)