How to change data plan on iPhone 4S?

Contributor

How to change data plan on iPhone 4S?

Hi,

This morning at around 12:40 AM i preordered an iPhone 4S from the Apple website. I currently have an iPhone 3GS with the unlimited data plan. However, when I was ordering the iPhone 4S, i chose the $15 200MB data plan because it was the cheapest and I thought it would suffice. I looked up my usage on my account and found that I needed to switch to the $25 data plan (I believe the 2GB plan) due to the amount of data I use. I was wondering how I would go about doing this and if I could make the change now, or if I would have to wait until I activate the new iPhone 4S.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4 (3,550 Views)
Master

Re: How to change data plan on iPhone 4S?

[ Edited ]

You should be able to do it at activation if you would like.  Even if you have to change it after activation, ATT will probably back date your plan to cover your usage in this case. 

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 4 (3,536 Views)
Mentor

ktijam wrote:

Hi,

This morning at around 12:40 AM i preordered an iPhone 4S from the Apple website. I currently have an iPhone 3GS with the unlimited data plan. However, when I was ordering the iPhone 4S, i chose the $15 200MB data plan because it was the cheapest and I thought it would suffice. I looked up my usage on my account and found that I needed to switch to the $25 data plan (I believe the 2GB plan) due to the amount of data I use. I was wondering how I would go about doing this and if I could make the change now, or if I would have to wait until I activate the new iPhone 4S.

Thanks in advance!

It'll change over to whatever options you picked online either now or once you activate the phone so I would just wait until you activate the phone to make further changes -- if you change over to the $25 now then mostly it'll change over to the $15 one when the system processes the upgrade so you'll probably have to do it over again

Just activate the phone when you get it then a little bit later check your online account to see if you've been switched to the $15 plan then change over to the $25 plan

Message 3 of 4 (3,516 Views)

If the $15 plan isn't enough data then I would KEEP your unlimited plan!! Once you drop down your data plan you can't get the unlimited back!! It's only $5 more a month than the 2gb plan!

Message 4 of 4 (3,464 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.