Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 16, 2012
12:47:32 PM
How much

A friend across the sea, has just told me out of contrat AT&T iphone users are being made to pay $65 and upward for a plan with decent talk time and 1gb of data.

Should have bought your phones abroad... UK 1000mins, 500 text, 1gb data and nationwide wifi £12.50

A friend across the sea, has just told me out of contrat AT&T iphone users are being made to pay $65 and upward for a plan with decent talk time and 1gb of data.

Should have bought your phones abroad... UK 1000mins, 500 text, 1gb data and nationwide wifi £12.50

How much

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2012 1:34:46 PM
(0)
Mentor
This makes zero sense to me. A.) I don't care what the rates are in UK. B.) Why would I have bought my phone abroad when it works just fine here, and I've had the exact same plan as I've always had C.)This a customer forum.
This makes zero sense to me. A.) I don't care what the rates are in UK. B.) Why would I have bought my phone abroad when it works just fine here, and I've had the exact same plan as I've always had C.)This a customer forum.

Re: How much

2 of 8 (263 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2012 1:55:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

Unfortunately as much as I try I'm still an AT&T customer Smiley Sad

My point is for any loyal customer who has served the length of their contract, there is no automatic downgrading of the charges. The hidden cost of the phone that was in the original contract term should have been paid by the end of that customers contract.

Even if you can't leave AT&T at least customer "loyalty" should be rewarded with a comparable deal, that the rest of the world  (Europe at least) takes for granted.

That would concern me.

Unfortunately as much as I try I'm still an AT&T customer Smiley Sad

My point is for any loyal customer who has served the length of their contract, there is no automatic downgrading of the charges. The hidden cost of the phone that was in the original contract term should have been paid by the end of that customers contract.

Even if you can't leave AT&T at least customer "loyalty" should be rewarded with a comparable deal, that the rest of the world  (Europe at least) takes for granted.

That would concern me.

3 of 8 (260 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2012 5:42:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

In the US, due to the simlock, AT&T iphones retain much of their resale value. If someone desperately wants to leave AT&T and get the same phone on VZ or Sprint, with crappy CDMA coverage vs Crappy GSM coverage and the same lock issues, they can sell their AT&T iPhone after 2 years for about $200-$300, and buy something else.

In the US, due to the simlock, AT&T iphones retain much of their resale value. If someone desperately wants to leave AT&T and get the same phone on VZ or Sprint, with crappy CDMA coverage vs Crappy GSM coverage and the same lock issues, they can sell their AT&T iPhone after 2 years for about $200-$300, and buy something else.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (239 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2012 5:55:40 PM
(0)
Professor

poor_service wrote:

again another post to  make problems. i was out of contract until i got my 4S AT&T never told me to pay 65$. i got my 4S did the up grade and kept my unlimited data....  yet another post to start problems.  nice user name......

poor_service wrote:

again another post to  make problems. i was out of contract until i got my 4S AT&T never told me to pay 65$. i got my 4S did the up grade and kept my unlimited data....  yet another post to start problems.  nice user name......

hello!!!

5 of 8 (235 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2012 9:02:30 PM
(0)
Scholar
I'm actually in the United Kingdom

This member is correct by prices in somewhat way
But I think he/she has been looking at Giff Gaff prepay
Or the Sim only plans you cannot get a iPhone unless it's a 3GS on
A low plan from £15 newer iPhones u have to pay upwards from £30 a month plus a fee for the phone or for free £46 a month like I am my plan is 900mins unlimited texts and 1gb data

Btw iPhones cost a lot more here in Great Britain
Stop selling us ur AT&T locked phones lol there useless here
And stops spamming this forum too Smiley Wink
I'm actually in the United Kingdom

This member is correct by prices in somewhat way
But I think he/she has been looking at Giff Gaff prepay
Or the Sim only plans you cannot get a iPhone unless it's a 3GS on
A low plan from £15 newer iPhones u have to pay upwards from £30 a month plus a fee for the phone or for free £46 a month like I am my plan is 900mins unlimited texts and 1gb data

Btw iPhones cost a lot more here in Great Britain
Stop selling us ur AT&T locked phones lol there useless here
And stops spamming this forum too Smiley Wink

6 of 8 (219 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2012 9:04:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

graphite07 wrote:

poor_service wrote:

This poster isn't referring to a $65 fee.  Rather he/she is lamenting the fact that AT&T doesn't have unsubsidized phone monthly rates (which is not particular to the iPhone).  I lament the fact, too.  Unfortunately for me, the concept didn't catch on in the US.  For the one national postpaid company that offers this, it is not a popular plan.

graphite07 wrote:

poor_service wrote:

This poster isn't referring to a $65 fee.  Rather he/she is lamenting the fact that AT&T doesn't have unsubsidized phone monthly rates (which is not particular to the iPhone).  I lament the fact, too.  Unfortunately for me, the concept didn't catch on in the US.  For the one national postpaid company that offers this, it is not a popular plan.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 8 (218 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 10:42:26 AM
(0)
Master
Would agree, the GSM world in Europe does work differently than it does here. If I recall correctly at one time if not even today, some countries have incoming caller pay fees, etc...

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Would agree, the GSM world in Europe does work differently than it does here. If I recall correctly at one time if not even today, some countries have incoming caller pay fees, etc...

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

8 of 8 (184 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments