Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 20, 2009
5:30:52 AM
View profile
How much will my bill be? 2 iphones...

We're thinking about switching over from Verizon to AT&T for the sole reason of having iphones (we used to have AT&T, but the # of droppped calls and noservice areas was annoying us).

I've been trying to figure out from the website what our total bill would be, but can't seem to nail down a number.

This is what I assume it to be, with 2 iphones & unlimited txting (family plan).  Am I right?

AT&T FamilyTalk (700 min) - $129.99

Unlimited Txting - $20.00

Total (plus taxes, etc.) - $149.99/month

Is this correct?

How much sould I figure for additional charges?

Thanks.

We're thinking about switching over from Verizon to AT&T for the sole reason of having iphones (we used to have AT&T, but the # of droppped calls and noservice areas was annoying us).

I've been trying to figure out from the website what our total bill would be, but can't seem to nail down a number.

This is what I assume it to be, with 2 iphones & unlimited txting (family plan).  Am I right?

Is this correct?

Thanks.

How much will my bill be? 2 iphones...

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2009 5:40:01 AM
(0)
Expert

dreamingtree9 wrote:

Is this correct?

Thanks.

The family plan for unlimited texting I believe is 30.00 not 20.00. Add 30 per Iphone for the mandatory unlimited data plan. Might want to look at the unity family plans also

dreamingtree9 wrote:

Is this correct?

Thanks.

The family plan for unlimited texting I believe is 30.00 not 20.00. Add 30 per Iphone for the mandatory unlimited data plan. Might want to look at the unity family plans also

Re: How much will my bill be? 2 iphones...

2 of 7 (3,563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2009 5:43:08 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by moorepheus on Aug 20, 2009 at 5:44:32 AM

dreamingtree9 wrote:

Is this correct?

Thanks.

Ok, first, 700 Family plan is $69.99...that includes 2 lines

Second, each iPhone must have data plan at $30 each

Third, get Family Unlimited Texting, that's $30 for all phones. vs $20 for iPhone unlimited, this will save you $10 per month.

Add this up  $69.99(family plan 2 lines) + $30.00(Family Texting Unlimited) + $30.00(iPhone #1 Data) + $30.00(iPhone #2 Data) = $159.99+ taxes

Message Edited by moorepheus on 08-20-2009 08:44:32 AM

dreamingtree9 wrote:

Is this correct?

Thanks.

Ok, first, 700 Family plan is $69.99...that includes 2 lines

Second, each iPhone must have data plan at $30 each

Third, get Family Unlimited Texting, that's $30 for all phones. vs $20 for iPhone unlimited, this will save you $10 per month.

Add this up  $69.99(family plan 2 lines) + $30.00(Family Texting Unlimited) + $30.00(iPhone #1 Data) + $30.00(iPhone #2 Data) = $159.99+ taxes

Message Edited by moorepheus on 08-20-2009 08:44:32 AM

[ Edited ]
3 of 7 (3,559 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2009 6:37:55 AM
(0)
Contributor

So is below not valid anymore:

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/specials/iphone-info.jsp

(Under FamilyTalk)

(Under FamilyTalk)

4 of 7 (3,540 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2009 8:00:53 AM
(0)
Guru
Don't forget to add activation fee: $36 +$26 = $62 and prorated fist month... 
Don't forget to add activation fee: $36 +$26 = $62 and prorated fist month... 

5 of 7 (3,535 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2009 10:38:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

dreamingtree9 wrote:

(Under FamilyTalk)

The $20 unlimited is for an individual phone. It is $30 for family unlimited. Check that link again.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

dreamingtree9 wrote:

(Under FamilyTalk)

The $20 unlimited is for an individual phone. It is $30 for family unlimited. Check that link again.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 7 (3,528 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2009 6:59:08 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by Zandora on Aug 21, 2009 at 6:59:46 AM

dreamingtree9 wrote:

Have you moved since you last had AT&T?

If you're living in the same location as when you last had AT&T you might want talk to your friends and neighbors and see if any of them have AT&T now and see if it's any better.

Don't EVER change providers for the bling. You need to choose a wireless provider for the COVERAGE first. Then choose the best phone that provider has that meets your needs. Not choose the phone first and *hope* that the service meets your needs.

You could be setting yourself up for a frustrating if you do the latter.

Message Edited by Zandora on 08-21-2009 09:59:46 AM

dreamingtree9 wrote:

Have you moved since you last had AT&T?

If you're living in the same location as when you last had AT&T you might want talk to your friends and neighbors and see if any of them have AT&T now and see if it's any better.

Don't EVER change providers for the bling. You need to choose a wireless provider for the COVERAGE first. Then choose the best phone that provider has that meets your needs. Not choose the phone first and *hope* that the service meets your needs.

You could be setting yourself up for a frustrating if you do the latter.

Message Edited by Zandora on 08-21-2009 09:59:46 AM
Posted from my Samsung Captivate

[ Edited ]
7 of 7 (3,514 Views)