How much will my bill be? 2 iphones...

Contributor

How much will my bill be? 2 iphones...

We're thinking about switching over from Verizon to AT&T for the sole reason of having iphones (we used to have AT&T, but the # of droppped calls and noservice areas was annoying us).

I've been trying to figure out from the website what our total bill would be, but can't seem to nail down a number.

This is what I assume it to be, with 2 iphones & unlimited txting (family plan).  Am I right?

AT&T FamilyTalk (700 min) - $129.99

Unlimited Txting - $20.00

Total (plus taxes, etc.) - $149.99/month

Is this correct?

How much sould I figure for additional charges?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
Expert

Re: How much will my bill be? 2 iphones...

dreamingtree9 wrote:

We're thinking about switching over from Verizon to AT&T for the sole reason of having iphones (we used to have AT&T, but the # of droppped calls and noservice areas was annoying us).

I've been trying to figure out from the website what our total bill would be, but can't seem to nail down a number.

This is what I assume it to be, with 2 iphones & unlimited txting (family plan).  Am I right?

Is this correct?

Thanks.

The family plan for unlimited texting I believe is 30.00 not 20.00. Add 30 per Iphone for the mandatory unlimited data plan. Might want to look at the unity family plans also
Message 2 of 7

dreamingtree9 wrote:

Is this correct?

Thanks.

Ok, first, 700 Family plan is $69.99...that includes 2 lines

Second, each iPhone must have data plan at $30 each

Third, get Family Unlimited Texting, that's $30 for all phones. vs $20 for iPhone unlimited, this will save you $10 per month.

Add this up  $69.99(family plan 2 lines) + $30.00(Family Texting Unlimited) + $30.00(iPhone #1 Data) + $30.00(iPhone #2 Data) = $159.99+ taxes

Message Edited by moorepheus on 08-20-2009 08:44:32 AM
Message 3 of 7
Contributor

So is below not valid anymore:

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/specials/iphone-info.jsp

(Under FamilyTalk)

Message 4 of 7
Guru

Don't forget to add activation fee: $36 +$26 = $62 and prorated fist month... 
Message 5 of 7
ACE - Expert

dreamingtree9 wrote:

So is below not valid anymore:

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/specials/iphone-info.jsp

(Under FamilyTalk)

The $20 unlimited is for an individual phone. It is $30 for family unlimited. Check that link again.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7
Master

dreamingtree9 wrote:

Have you moved since you last had AT&T?

If you're living in the same location as when you last had AT&T you might want talk to your friends and neighbors and see if any of them have AT&T now and see if it's any better.

Don't EVER change providers for the bling. You need to choose a wireless provider for the COVERAGE first. Then choose the best phone that provider has that meets your needs. Not choose the phone first and *hope* that the service meets your needs.

You could be setting yourself up for a frustrating if you do the latter.

Message Edited by Zandora on 08-21-2009 09:59:46 AM
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support