Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 9, 2011
11:18:46 AM
How much is a microcell
How much is att charging for a microcell? Im frequently at a location that barely has service with any of the carriers. Att works slightly better than the others but it's mainly just good enough for texting.
How much is att charging for a microcell? Im frequently at a location that barely has service with any of the carriers. Att works slightly better than the others but it's mainly just good enough for texting.

How much is a microcell

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 9:17:37 PM
(0)
Guru

The list price is $199. Some people have reported getting it discounted or free, but there's no consistent pattern (that never happens).

The list price is $199. Some people have reported getting it discounted or free, but there's no consistent pattern (that never happens).

Re: How much is a microcell

2 of 3 (6,965 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 8:25:25 AM
(0)
Scholar

nsayer wrote:

The discounted / free offers were based on where you live. Folks that lived in borderline signal strength areas / at the outer edges of cells were offered free microcells because it was a cheaper way to address their relatively poor service than dropping another tower in.

So it was a factor of AT&T identified areas of poor signal coverage and population density (i.e. if AT&T had many users in a borderline area, it was more inclined to offer the femtos to those customers)

nsayer wrote:

The discounted / free offers were based on where you live. Folks that lived in borderline signal strength areas / at the outer edges of cells were offered free microcells because it was a cheaper way to address their relatively poor service than dropping another tower in.

So it was a factor of AT&T identified areas of poor signal coverage and population density (i.e. if AT&T had many users in a borderline area, it was more inclined to offer the femtos to those customers)

Re: How much is a microcell

3 of 3 (6,949 Views)