How much does it cost per minute with GoPhone on cruise?

Contributor

How much does it cost per minute with GoPhone on cruise?

I recently purchased a GoPhone to use on my upcoming cruise to Cozumel/Yucatan Pennisula. I am trying to figure out how much it will cost per minute as well as if I need to something in addition to setting the phone up with a phone number (I haven't even done that yet). Can someone help me out with these questions? Thanks.
Message 1 of 3
Guru

Re: How much does it cost per minute with GoPhone on cruise?

jlt205 wrote:
I recently purchased a GoPhone to use on my upcoming cruise to Cozumel/Yucatan Pennisula. I am trying to figure out how much it will cost per minute as well as if I need to something in addition to setting the phone up with a phone number (I haven't even done that yet). Can someone help me out with these questions? Thanks.

Nothing - the GoPhone only works on the ATT network and in Mexico
Message 2 of 3
Guru

Re: How much does it cost per minute with GoPhone on cruise?

You will probably be able to keep a signal from Telcel (the Mexican carrier) if you place the call from on deck for much of your cruise.   ATT charges $0.99 a minute to use a GoPhone in Mexico. When I took a cruise from Tampa to Cozumel, (a cruise ship port city in Mexico), Guatamala, Belize, Key West, and Tampa, I could carry the signal down the Florida coast, went to cruise ship roaming as we crossed the Gulf (you'll have no signal here because you are prepaid), picked up a Mexican signal almost at the tip and pretty much kept it to the Guatamala border.  Coming back across to Key West I had only cruise ship roaming for much of my first day, then I had a Cuban signal which I could only access with my UK phone, and then picked up a Florida signal (intermitent) about three hours before Key West. I had coverage back up the Florida coast. 

Message Edited by stufried on 08-29-2008 03:26:31 PM
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support