How much does it cost per minute with GoPhone on cruise?

Contributor

How much does it cost per minute with GoPhone on cruise?

I recently purchased a GoPhone to use on my upcoming cruise to Cozumel/Yucatan Pennisula. I am trying to figure out how much it will cost per minute as well as if I need to something in addition to setting the phone up with a phone number (I haven't even done that yet). Can someone help me out with these questions? Thanks.
Message 1 of 3 (906 Views)
Guru

Re: How much does it cost per minute with GoPhone on cruise?

jlt205 wrote:
I recently purchased a GoPhone to use on my upcoming cruise to Cozumel/Yucatan Pennisula. I am trying to figure out how much it will cost per minute as well as if I need to something in addition to setting the phone up with a phone number (I haven't even done that yet). Can someone help me out with these questions? Thanks.

Nothing - the GoPhone only works on the ATT network and in Mexico
Message 2 of 3 (903 Views)
Guru

Re: How much does it cost per minute with GoPhone on cruise?

[ Edited ]
You will probably be able to keep a signal from Telcel (the Mexican carrier) if you place the call from on deck for much of your cruise.   ATT charges $0.99 a minute to use a GoPhone in Mexico. When I took a cruise from Tampa to Cozumel, (a cruise ship port city in Mexico), Guatamala, Belize, Key West, and Tampa, I could carry the signal down the Florida coast, went to cruise ship roaming as we crossed the Gulf (you'll have no signal here because you are prepaid), picked up a Mexican signal almost at the tip and pretty much kept it to the Guatamala border.  Coming back across to Key West I had only cruise ship roaming for much of my first day, then I had a Cuban signal which I could only access with my UK phone, and then picked up a Florida signal (intermitent) about three hours before Key West. I had coverage back up the Florida coast. 

Message Edited by stufried on 08-29-2008 03:26:31 PM
Message 3 of 3 (897 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.