How much data does everyone use in a month?

Contributor

How much data does everyone use in a month?

Wanted to get an I phone ever since they came out but was waiting till I can upgrade. Now that I can upgrade they don't have the unlimited data plan anymore Smiley Sad So I was just wondering is 2gb really enuff? I complained to  at&t  about them not having the unlimited data anymore and they told me that around 98% of users use less then 2gb. Just wondering if this is true because the few people that I know with I phones have gone over 2gb. So please let me know how much data you use a month. Thanks

Message 1 of 23 (3,051 Views)
Professor

Re: How much data does everyone use in a month?

Last month just a hair over a Gig. In two years with my iPhone 3G I only broke a 1000 Mbs. once so I dropped from the unlimited plan to the 2Gig plan! 

Message 16 of 23 (1,738 Views)
ACE - Master

I'm on day 21 of 31 for this billing cycle and so far I've used 213MB of my data plan.  I know that 80MB of that was used on last Thursday morning loading data into an app when I was en-route to the WI State Fair,  and another 55MB was used last night while I was getting app updates and 2 news apps while at dinner.  If I remove these two items (which I normally process via wifi, or through iTunes, while at home),  you would see I've used about 88MB for those 21 days.  Even if you leave them,  I'm only headed for about 320MB used for the entire month.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 23 (1,692 Views)
Teacher

4 iPhones in my house  (two 3G's and two 4's) and not one of us ever goes over 200MB of cell data a month.  I may have come close a couple times, but have never gone over (mostly from showing off how much faster my ip4 is over AT&T 3G than what my Droid friends are getting from Verizon's EVDO).  We all have WIFI at home, WIFI at our jobs, and free WIFI all over our tiny little Northern Michigan town.  I don't know what all the uproar is about not having unlimited anymore, but I can't imagine anyone needing more than 2GB worth of cellular data every month on their PHONE...thats just nuts.  The way I see it, AT&T is saving me 60 bucks a month by offering a tiered plan and switching all 4 iPhones to the lower data plan.

G

Message 18 of 23 (1,661 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

I've been traveling a bit this week, and off wifi I am using about 50mb a day. 2048MB is the monthly allotment on the 2GB plan, so that works out to 66mb/day - so I should be fine. It looks like the Maps app with some searching and GPS on eats a fair bit of data per session. Browsing and email not as much
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 23 (1,655 Views)
Master

GeekBoy wrote:

........en-route to the WI State Fair, ........

Where you able to get an iPhone on a stick at the fair?  They have/sell everything else on a stickSmiley Very Happy

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 20 of 23 (1,619 Views)
Master

It looks like Sam's club is getting ready to offer free wifi by the holiday season.  As more retailers do this, it will require less cellular data.  While I am lucky enough to have an unlimited plan, I am not sure how likely I would be to go over the 2Gb caps given more and more places with free wifi.  I do find that I frequent coffee shops, bookstores, and other locations that offer me free wifi for either my MacBook or iPhone.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/08/10/sams.club.to.bring.free.wi.fi.to.500.stores/

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 21 of 23 (1,242 Views)

YAY AT&T.  (the article says we will carry the traffic...don't worry, it's not cellular....Smiley Wink)

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinion.
Message 22 of 23 (1,197 Views)

I have gotten this weird data usage as well. What's even worse is, I'm on Wi-Fi at my house and it still is going against my total data plan for the month.

Message 23 of 23 (1,193 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.