Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 12, 2009
9:16:59 AM
View profile
How many days past due can I be before getting suspended?
I am coming up short on cash and cannot pay my cell phone bill on time. How long until it gets suspended?
I am coming up short on cash and cannot pay my cell phone bill on time. How long until it gets suspended?

How many days past due can I be before getting suspended?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2009 9:35:32 AM
(0)
Master

There is no hard defined time as it can vary between different factors.  Technically it can be suspended at any time after its past due.  What you need to do is contact ATT and try working something out with them.

Question:
What if I can't pay my bill on time?
Can I make a payment arrangement?
Can I get an extension on my payment?
Answer:
The scheduled payment is due on or before your due date. You will need to contact our Collections Department to make payment arrangements to avoid suspension of your service. You can reach the Receivables Management Department by calling 1-800-947-5096.

Payment Arrangement Eligibility Requirements are listed below:
  • Has six months tenure
  • No non-pay cancels or non-pay suspensions in the last six months
  • No broken arrangements in the last three months
  • No more than two NSF's in the last six months
  • Not in canceled status
  • Not in bankruptcy status 

Note: If you call 1-800-331-0500 or 611 from your wireless phone to make a payment, you may be charged a fee for payment made via a Customer Service representative. 

In the future you may want to consider one of our convenient payment options:
How do I pay my bill online?
How do I pay my bill by wireless phone?
Where can I make a bill payment in person?
How do I pay my bill by mail?

There is no hard defined time as it can vary between different factors.  Technically it can be suspended at any time after its past due.  What you need to do is contact ATT and try working something out with them.

Question:
What if I can't pay my bill on time?
Can I make a payment arrangement?
Can I get an extension on my payment?
Answer:
The scheduled payment is due on or before your due date. You will need to contact our Collections Department to make payment arrangements to avoid suspension of your service. You can reach the Receivables Management Department by calling 1-800-947-5096.

Payment Arrangement Eligibility Requirements are listed below:
  • Has six months tenure
  • No non-pay cancels or non-pay suspensions in the last six months
  • No broken arrangements in the last three months
  • No more than two NSF's in the last six months
  • Not in canceled status
  • Not in bankruptcy status 

Note: If you call 1-800-331-0500 or 611 from your wireless phone to make a payment, you may be charged a fee for payment made via a Customer Service representative. 

In the future you may want to consider one of our convenient payment options:
How do I pay my bill online?
How do I pay my bill by wireless phone?
Where can I make a bill payment in person?
How do I pay my bill by mail?

Re: How many days past due can I be before getting suspended?

2 of 4 (32,384 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2009 4:40:52 PM
(0)
Guru
call collections explain your delima and ask for an extension. because your phone can be suspend as soon as the bill is late but there is no set time that i am aware of.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
call collections explain your delima and ask for an extension. because your phone can be suspend as soon as the bill is late but there is no set time that i am aware of.

3 of 4 (32,358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2009 3:35:18 PM
(0)
Guru
Whenever your bill is due each month you AUTOMATICALLY have until your current bill cycle CLOSES to make your payment & avoid late payment fees & possible of interruption of service for past due bal. Example: My bill is due the 26th of each month but my cycle ends the 3rd of the following month. I'll have until the 3rd after the 26th passes to pay my bill & avoid the late fees & possibility of interruption. The possibility of interruption isn't listed on your bill the fact that you have until the cycle ends to avoid late fees is on each customer's bill nowadays if you view page 1. If you need more time past that don't hesitate to call customer care & setup a payment arrangement but that WILL incur late payment fees!!!

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Whenever your bill is due each month you AUTOMATICALLY have until your current bill cycle CLOSES to make your payment & avoid late payment fees & possible of interruption of service for past due bal. Example: My bill is due the 26th of each month but my cycle ends the 3rd of the following month. I'll have until the 3rd after the 26th passes to pay my bill & avoid the late fees & possibility of interruption. The possibility of interruption isn't listed on your bill the fact that you have until the cycle ends to avoid late fees is on each customer's bill nowadays if you view page 1. If you need more time past that don't hesitate to call customer care & setup a payment arrangement but that WILL incur late payment fees!!!

4 of 4 (32,341 Views)