How many MB or KB is in an average email

How many MB or KB is in an average email

I am going to be going out of the country next month. I wanted to get help from someone who emails from their phone. About how big is an email, Ex. "hey I am here, having fun. I can't wait til tomorrow. Talk to you tonight. I love you." This might seem like a stupid question but I am going to have to pay roaming charges and it will be $0.0195 per kb I was just wanting to know hoe much you thought it would cost to get on the internet amd send an email.
Message 1 of 4 (21,939 Views)

Re: How many MB or KB is in an average email

that sentence is about 5kb message.
Message 2 of 4 (21,931 Views)

Do you have to use KB or MB when getting on the internet. I mean, I have never done this before, I mean. Do you just push the button and connect, how do you email. Do you get charged for the email or the whole thing, like logging on and everything. I dont mean to sound like a novice, but I am so thanks for your help.
Message 3 of 4 (21,924 Views)
Master

mparker051405 wrote:
I am going to be going out of the country next month. I wanted to get help from someone who emails from their phone. About how big is an email, Ex. "hey I am here, having fun. I can't wait til tomorrow. Talk to you tonight. I love you." This might seem like a stupid question but I am going to have to pay roaming charges and it will be $0.0195 per kb I was just wanting to know hoe much you thought it would cost to get on the internet amd send an email.

455 chars, addon approx 1K overhead with subject and encoding.  Looking at about 2K for this message and that is over calculating.
Message 4 of 4 (21,912 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.