Wireless Forums

Posted Jul 13, 2010
11:46:46 AM
How long for activation?

How long does it take for the activation to occur on the iphone?

How long does it take for the activation to occur on the iphone?

How long for activation?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2010 11:55:47 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by ormom51 on Jul 13, 2010 at 11:59:02 AM

That depends.  It took my daughter just a few minutes.  I waited for two hours after I attempted activation with AT&T, with no luck.  I called again and it took about two minutes-the CR who helped me said that activation should take about ten minutes.  My old phone deactivated that quickly but my new iPhone 4 still did not work.  I'd wait about half an hour and call AT&T again if it does not activate within that time.  With other phones I have waited an hour or more.  I thought ten minutes is not much time and overly optimistic-but that was all it took for my daughter.  So give it the half hour or so.

That depends.  It took my daughter just a few minutes.  I waited for two hours after I attempted activation with AT&T, with no luck.  I called again and it took about two minutes-the CR who helped me said that activation should take about ten minutes.  My old phone deactivated that quickly but my new iPhone 4 still did not work.  I'd wait about half an hour and call AT&T again if it does not activate within that time.  With other phones I have waited an hour or more.  I thought ten minutes is not much time and overly optimistic-but that was all it took for my daughter.  So give it the half hour or so.

Re: How long for activation?

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (6,093 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2010 12:26:08 PM
(0)
Professor
Took me only a couple of minutes. I've heard that if it takes a while, turning the phone off and back on may force it to activate.
Took me only a couple of minutes. I've heard that if it takes a while, turning the phone off and back on may force it to activate.

3 of 5 (6,069 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2010 12:37:39 PM
(0)
Guru

i just called 611 and there should be an automatic voice that will guide you through it

if not just speak to a CSR and let them help

i just called 611 and there should be an automatic voice that will guide you through it

if not just speak to a CSR and let them help

4 of 5 (6,060 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2010 5:56:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I picked up my iPhone4 at my local Apple Store tonight and it activated in just a few seconds (much less than a minute) there when the clerk connected it to a Mac.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

I picked up my iPhone4 at my local Apple Store tonight and it activated in just a few seconds (much less than a minute) there when the clerk connected it to a Mac.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (6,019 Views)