Ask a question

Posted Jul 13, 2010
11:46:46 AM
How long for activation?

How long does it take for the activation to occur on the iphone?

How long for activation?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2010 11:55:47 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by ormom51 on Jul 13, 2010 at 11:59:02 AM

That depends.  It took my daughter just a few minutes.  I waited for two hours after I attempted activation with AT&T, with no luck.  I called again and it took about two minutes-the CR who helped me said that activation should take about ten minutes.  My old phone deactivated that quickly but my new iPhone 4 still did not work.  I'd wait about half an hour and call AT&T again if it does not activate within that time.  With other phones I have waited an hour or more.  I thought ten minutes is not much time and overly optimistic-but that was all it took for my daughter.  So give it the half hour or so.

Re: How long for activation?

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (6,269 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2010 12:26:08 PM
(0)
Professor
Took me only a couple of minutes. I've heard that if it takes a while, turning the phone off and back on may force it to activate.

3 of 5 (6,245 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2010 12:37:39 PM
(0)
Guru

i just called 611 and there should be an automatic voice that will guide you through it

if not just speak to a CSR and let them help

4 of 5 (6,236 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2010 5:56:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I picked up my iPhone4 at my local Apple Store tonight and it activated in just a few seconds (much less than a minute) there when the clerk connected it to a Mac.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (6,195 Views)