Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 3, 2011
9:43:51 AM
View profile
How does Microcell behave in southern middle Tennessee?

I have almost nonexistent coverage here, and would like a microcell, but after reading your forum, I'm apprehensive.  Anyone know anything about microcell coverage here?

I have almost nonexistent coverage here, and would like a microcell, but after reading your forum, I'm apprehensive.  Anyone know anything about microcell coverage here?

How does Microcell behave in southern middle Tennessee?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2011 1:29:06 PM
(0)
Guru

I'm not sure that the variations are entirely regional in nature. I'm in the San Francisco Bay area, and there are poeple here who have no trouble, while we have nothing but.

It also depends on what kind of phone you have. iPhones don't (currently) get along well with the Microcell.

I'm not sure that the variations are entirely regional in nature. I'm in the San Francisco Bay area, and there are poeple here who have no trouble, while we have nothing but.

It also depends on what kind of phone you have. iPhones don't (currently) get along well with the Microcell.

Re: How does Microcell behave in southern middle Tennessee?

2 of 5 (335 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2011 5:52:10 PM
(0)
Tutor
If you have an iPhone, run away quickly
I can't speak for other phones, but my experience with our iPhones and the Microcell borders on criminal.
30 second delays to connect, if they connect at all
Having to toggle airplane mode every day to get them to connect
Poor call quality
Oh yeah, I jhad to pay $199 for the honor of using my Internet bandwidth with this piece of crap
It's going back on Monday before the 30 days are up
If you have an iPhone, run away quickly
I can't speak for other phones, but my experience with our iPhones and the Microcell borders on criminal.
30 second delays to connect, if they connect at all
Having to toggle airplane mode every day to get them to connect
Poor call quality
Oh yeah, I jhad to pay $199 for the honor of using my Internet bandwidth with this piece of crap
It's going back on Monday before the 30 days are up

3 of 5 (327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2011 5:40:41 AM
(0)
Mentor

I have installed several micro cells and my experience is:

Works best if you have little to no over the air signal. If the phone senses signal from a tower it will hand off to the tower. Then the tower signal fades and it will not switch back to the m cell.

Lots of complaints with i-phones.

I have installed several micro cells and my experience is:

Works best if you have little to no over the air signal. If the phone senses signal from a tower it will hand off to the tower. Then the tower signal fades and it will not switch back to the m cell.

Lots of complaints with i-phones.

4 of 5 (323 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2011 6:21:15 AM
(0)
Teacher
To provide another view, I have absolutely no problem with my iPhone on my Microcell.
To provide another view, I have absolutely no problem with my iPhone on my Microcell.

5 of 5 (319 Views)