How do you feel about the Windows OS?

Master

How do you feel about the Windows OS?

I haven't had a windows based phone since the blackjack 2. I loved my samsung, but the software was unstable. I had several issues with it. How is the software currently? Do you find it improved now? I've seen that it has a new interface.

Message 1 of 9 (969 Views)
Contributor

Re: How do you feel about the Windows OS?

With the release of Mango (7.5) in the last week, Windows Phone is on par in most ways with both the iPhone and Android phones. There are some unique things that I would consider better, and there are some things that aren't as good as other devices, but overall it's a great phone OS.

Message 2 of 9 (962 Views)

I love it. Can't wait for the Focus S .

Message 3 of 9 (908 Views)
Mentor

I love it, the only this its really missing now are the tons of apps that apple and android have.  Windows dida amazing job, o and one other note we need more hand sets to chose from.

Message 4 of 9 (883 Views)

Honestly, Windows Phone was one of the main attractions that caused me to look in to AT&T from Sprint. I ended up getting a Samsung Focus S and switching. Windows Phone is really a smooth OS. More and more high level apps are hitting the market as the platform continues to gain popularity. I've been using it since the HTC Arrive was released on Sprint and honestly can't imagine looking back to Android. I never was an Apple fan frankly.

I will be taking the phone in to the local AT&T Store though on the 20th to compare it to the HTC Titan. Since I'm still in my 30 day return window when it is released.

Message 5 of 9 (858 Views)
Mentor

Held off replacing my Tilt2 with WM6.5 until the Mango release.  Had hoped we'd see something from Nokia but when it didn't look like that was happening, I bought the Samsung Focus S.  Happy with the phone and do like the WP UI very much but the phone is going back as soon as I get back from the trip I'm on now.  My company is on Exchange 2003 and I am thus unable to reply to any of my email because the original message is not included in the reply.  This is a known bug in the Mango release but there has been no word from MS when it might be fixed.  But my real problems are with all the MS programs.  Not all desktop Outlook Contact, Calendar and Task fields map to the WP fields - category and account being critical for me.  And where is Notes?  And then there's Office - you can't edit anything you've downloaded!  I had a call as I was boarding a flight Tuesday morning and was asked to make some quick adjustments to a file that I have stored on Dropbox.  The file was last saved with cell A6418 highlighted.  I downloaded the file and it came up just fine but at A1 - not a real problem, it just took awhile to get to where I needed to be.  But then I couldn't do anything once I got there.  So I had to turn to my iPhone 4, load Documents-to-Go and download the file.  It came up in cell A6418 where it should have been, I made the necessary changes to the file and emailed it off.  So I'm using a non MS OS and a non MS office like product because it won't work on an MS phone with MS Office Mobile.  Go figure.  Other than that I love it - a lot more than iOS and the iPhone.  But it doen't do what I (and I would guess most business users) need it for.

Message 6 of 9 (821 Views)

Message 7 of 9 (810 Views)
Mentor

Saw that, thanks.  Nothing for the Samsung Focus S yet and given the Mango update issues I've been reading on the Focus, who knows when it will happen.

Message 8 of 9 (801 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

That was for the original Focus. So far, it seems like Samsung might have actually done something right this time and not screwed with the internals of the Focus S. Here's hoping.

Message 9 of 9 (794 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.