Ask a question

Posted Feb 7, 2009
6:02:05 PM
How do you check voicemail from a different phone (not cel phone)?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2009 7:47:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

tankerous wrote:

Call your own number and when VM picks up, press star, then enter your password and you'll be in the VM.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do you check voicemail from a different phone (not cel phone)?

2 of 7 (40,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2009 5:38:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

Geez.  I don't even know if I have a password to enter voicemail.  Thanks for the tips though.  I guess I'm going to have to call ATT to see what my password is.   Umm, btw, do you know how I can also check my text messages from another phone or even from a computer?

3 of 7 (40,220 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2009 6:37:12 PM
(0)
Master

There is a password.   The temporary password is 1111..  If that doesn't work for you, customer service won't know what it is, but they should be able to reset it to the temp password again.

As far as checking text messages from another phone, no, you can't do that.  Not sure about retreiving them from a computer.

4 of 7 (40,215 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2009 3:37:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Athena wrote:

There is a password.   The temporary password is 1111..  If that doesn't work for you, customer service won't know what it is, but they should be able to reset it to the temp password again.

As far as checking text messages from another phone, no, you can't do that.  Not sure about retreiving them from a computer.

As far as I know you can only read messages that were received by the phone. Once on the phone they can be copied to PC (for some of of the phone models).
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 7 (40,177 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2009 6:47:32 AM
(0)
Contributor
Actually you can.  I just did it.  As the other post mentioned, "Call your own number and when VM picks up, press star, then enter your password and you'll be in the VM."  I left my cell phone at home so when I got to the office I called my VM and logged in and changed my message that says they need to call my office number.

6 of 7 (39,917 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2009 8:10:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

pbgoldman wrote:
Actually you can.  I just did it.  As the other post mentioned, "Call your own number and when VM picks up, press star, then enter your password and you'll be in the VM."  I left my cell phone at home so when I got to the office I called my VM and logged in and changed my message that says they need to call my office number.

The “no, you can't” part was the answer to the OP's question about reading text messages from a computer, not VM.

7 of 7 (39,914 Views)