How do i switch from an HTC Inspire to Iphone 4s

Tutor

How do i switch from an HTC Inspire to Iphone 4s

ok so im on a family plan with my brother and when he added me to the family plan i decided to buy a HTC Inspire for 30$ probably 5 or 6 months have passed and now i really want a Iphone 4s 16 gb for 200$ but it keeps telling me that i have to upgrade or add a new line, so when i try to go and upgrade it wont show iphones at probably because i have an HTC but anyways i just want to find a way to buy a Iphone 4s 16gb  for 200$  without having to start a new family plan i really just want an iphone so if someone could tell me how that would be great

Message 1 of 9
Professor

Re: How do i switch from an HTC Inspire to Iphone 4s

If you got the Inspire for only $30, you probably locked yourself into a 2-year contract to get the low price. You aren't eligible for another discounted upgrade until close to the 2 years are up.
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Scholar

I'm not sure but how about selling ur htc and putting
Up the cash for a 4S you would need a micro sim from
AT&T so you need to contact them about doing that
iPhone's also need a data allowance does ur htc have this
On ur account currently?
Message 3 of 9
Tutor

ok so there is nothing i can do about it, is it possible that i can end my contract then join again so i am able to get it i mean i know it may cost me but i can save and if i can, do  you know how much i have to pay or were to look

Message 4 of 9
Tutor

@Kerry78 im not sure because my brother is the account manager but how can i find iout if i do

Message 5 of 9
Master

Based on your first post and timing, you are not eligible to get an iPhone at a discounted price. You can buy the iPhone at the full price. As for a data plan, Your HTC has one so if you buy the iPhone, your monthly costs will remain the same.

As for leaving then comeing back, you have to wait 6 months before being considered a new customer and you will pay the etf in addition to the cost of a new phone. You could add a new line to your family plan for $10/month. But now you have a line under contract for 2 years that you really don't need most likely just so you can buy the iPhone now.

Run the numbers and see if it is worth it to you! I personally would just stick it out for now new iPhone usually come out each year.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 6 of 9
Tutor

ok what about this, what if i came across a iphone 4s for att would i be able to put my sim card in there would i be able to use it then

Message 7 of 9

rayreyes wrote:

ok what about this, what if i came across a iphone 4s for att would i be able to put my sim card in there would i be able to use it then

Yes, you'll be able to go into an AT&T store and request a MicroSIM card for your new iPhone. The reason you can't upgrade your line to an iPhone for the $200 upgrade price is because every time you sign a contract with AT&T, you're paying for a discounted mobile phone. You pay the phone's real cost back to AT&T over the course of your contract, and when you've paid it back (usually around 18 months), you'll be eligable to upgrade again. I.E.; the iPhone 4S 16GB model is actually $599, but AT&T pays Apple the $400 different up front, and you pay AT&T back over time. Like a loan. So if you bought an iPhone from somewhere else, or at full price from Apple or AT&T, you'll continue to pay your HTC Inspire's cost back to AT&T, but can began to use your iPhone instead of it while you are paying it back.

Message 8 of 9
Tutor

ok i guess il wait then thnx alot for the help

Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support