How do i switch from an HTC Inspire to Iphone 4s

Tutor

How do i switch from an HTC Inspire to Iphone 4s

ok so im on a family plan with my brother and when he added me to the family plan i decided to buy a HTC Inspire for 30$ probably 5 or 6 months have passed and now i really want a Iphone 4s 16 gb for 200$ but it keeps telling me that i have to upgrade or add a new line, so when i try to go and upgrade it wont show iphones at probably because i have an HTC but anyways i just want to find a way to buy a Iphone 4s 16gb  for 200$  without having to start a new family plan i really just want an iphone so if someone could tell me how that would be great

Message 1 of 9
Professor

Re: How do i switch from an HTC Inspire to Iphone 4s

If you got the Inspire for only $30, you probably locked yourself into a 2-year contract to get the low price. You aren't eligible for another discounted upgrade until close to the 2 years are up.
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Scholar

I'm not sure but how about selling ur htc and putting
Up the cash for a 4S you would need a micro sim from
AT&T so you need to contact them about doing that
iPhone's also need a data allowance does ur htc have this
On ur account currently?
Message 3 of 9
Tutor

ok so there is nothing i can do about it, is it possible that i can end my contract then join again so i am able to get it i mean i know it may cost me but i can save and if i can, do  you know how much i have to pay or were to look

Message 4 of 9
Tutor

@Kerry78 im not sure because my brother is the account manager but how can i find iout if i do

Message 5 of 9
Master

Based on your first post and timing, you are not eligible to get an iPhone at a discounted price. You can buy the iPhone at the full price. As for a data plan, Your HTC has one so if you buy the iPhone, your monthly costs will remain the same.

As for leaving then comeing back, you have to wait 6 months before being considered a new customer and you will pay the etf in addition to the cost of a new phone. You could add a new line to your family plan for $10/month. But now you have a line under contract for 2 years that you really don't need most likely just so you can buy the iPhone now.

Run the numbers and see if it is worth it to you! I personally would just stick it out for now new iPhone usually come out each year.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 6 of 9
Tutor

ok what about this, what if i came across a iphone 4s for att would i be able to put my sim card in there would i be able to use it then

Message 7 of 9

rayreyes wrote:

ok what about this, what if i came across a iphone 4s for att would i be able to put my sim card in there would i be able to use it then

Yes, you'll be able to go into an AT&T store and request a MicroSIM card for your new iPhone. The reason you can't upgrade your line to an iPhone for the $200 upgrade price is because every time you sign a contract with AT&T, you're paying for a discounted mobile phone. You pay the phone's real cost back to AT&T over the course of your contract, and when you've paid it back (usually around 18 months), you'll be eligable to upgrade again. I.E.; the iPhone 4S 16GB model is actually $599, but AT&T pays Apple the $400 different up front, and you pay AT&T back over time. Like a loan. So if you bought an iPhone from somewhere else, or at full price from Apple or AT&T, you'll continue to pay your HTC Inspire's cost back to AT&T, but can began to use your iPhone instead of it while you are paying it back.

Message 8 of 9
Tutor

ok i guess il wait then thnx alot for the help

Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support