How do I report a hole in coverage that has existed for a few years?

Professor

How do I report a hole in coverage that has existed for a few years?

How do I report a hole in coverage which has existed for years, however, every other carrier gets EXCELLENT coverage in the area? Unfortunately it is where I live and it extends a few blocks in a shallow depression of DC where there is ZERO at&t coverage.
Message 1 of 8
Expert

Re: How do I report a hole in coverage that has existed for a few years?

Paolo01 wrote:
      How do I report a hole in coverage which has existed for years, however, every other carrier gets EXCELLENT coverage in the area? Unfortunately it is where I live and it extends a few blocks in a shallow depression of DC where there is ZERO at&t coverage.

You and everyone else that you know that lives in that area or travels to and or through that area would have to call customer care and have then submit a network incident ticket, you use to be able to do this online but that option was pulled sometime ago.
Message 2 of 8
Professor

Yes I remember when that was online under Cingular.  Thank you.  Another question.  Can I simply force my phone to "roam" while it cannot get a signal on the at&t network, but must see the other networks while in the area?  TIA
Message 3 of 8
Expert

Paolo01 wrote:
     Yes I remember when that was online under Cingular.  Thank you.  Another question.  Can I simply force my phone to "roam" while it cannot get a signal on the at&t network, but must see the other networks while in the area?  TIA

Yes you can, but becareful, you can not have more than 40% of total usage off network for 3 consecutive months or they will cancel you for excessive off network usage.
Message 4 of 8
Professor

I'll go to the at&t phone board then.  What I am trying to do is figure out how to "force" the roam on my Tilt phone.  Thanks.
Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
Expert

Paolo01 wrote:
     I'll go to the at&t phone board then.  What I am trying to do is figure out how to "force" the roam on my Tilt phone.  Thanks.

I found this for you HERE... HTH.
You can use a program called wififofum.com to view all available wireless networks, and select one
Message 6 of 8
ACE - Expert

wilcre wrote:

Paolo01 wrote:

You can use a program called wififofum.com to view all available wireless networks, and select one

@wilcre: I believe Paolo01 wants to use a different cellular (GSM) network, this program will allow to find and use wireless (WiFi) networks.

@Paolo01: You could try this, but if roaming is not allowed in your area you'll have the same issue that poster had. I have manual network selection on my phones, yet I'm not allowed to roam on T-Mobile network in my area.

Message Edited by dmapr on 09-10-2008 12:25:05 PM
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 8
Expert

dmapr wrote:

wilcre wrote:

Paolo01 wrote:

@wilcre: I believe Paolo01 wants to use a different cellular (GSM) network, this program will allow to find and use wireless (WiFi) networks.
     @Paolo01: You could try this, but if roaming is not allowed in your area you'll have the same issue that poster had. I have manual network selection on my phones, yet I'm not allowed to roam on T-Mobile network in my area.
     Thank you for pointing that out dmapr and thank you for providing that link to the proper info.
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support