How do I report a hole in coverage that has existed for a few years?

Professor

How do I report a hole in coverage that has existed for a few years?

How do I report a hole in coverage which has existed for years, however, every other carrier gets EXCELLENT coverage in the area? Unfortunately it is where I live and it extends a few blocks in a shallow depression of DC where there is ZERO at&t coverage.
Message 1 of 8 (1,350 Views)
Expert

Re: How do I report a hole in coverage that has existed for a few years?

Paolo01 wrote:
      How do I report a hole in coverage which has existed for years, however, every other carrier gets EXCELLENT coverage in the area? Unfortunately it is where I live and it extends a few blocks in a shallow depression of DC where there is ZERO at&t coverage.

You and everyone else that you know that lives in that area or travels to and or through that area would have to call customer care and have then submit a network incident ticket, you use to be able to do this online but that option was pulled sometime ago.
Message 2 of 8 (1,348 Views)
Professor

Yes I remember when that was online under Cingular.  Thank you.  Another question.  Can I simply force my phone to "roam" while it cannot get a signal on the at&t network, but must see the other networks while in the area?  TIA
Message 3 of 8 (1,345 Views)
Expert

Paolo01 wrote:
     Yes I remember when that was online under Cingular.  Thank you.  Another question.  Can I simply force my phone to "roam" while it cannot get a signal on the at&t network, but must see the other networks while in the area?  TIA

Yes you can, but becareful, you can not have more than 40% of total usage off network for 3 consecutive months or they will cancel you for excessive off network usage.
Message 4 of 8 (1,339 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

I'll go to the at&t phone board then.  What I am trying to do is figure out how to "force" the roam on my Tilt phone.  Thanks.
Message 5 of 8 (1,335 Views)
Expert

Paolo01 wrote:
     I'll go to the at&t phone board then.  What I am trying to do is figure out how to "force" the roam on my Tilt phone.  Thanks.

I found this for you HERE... HTH.
You can use a program called wififofum.com to view all available wireless networks, and select one
Message 6 of 8 (1,331 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

wilcre wrote:

Paolo01 wrote:

You can use a program called wififofum.com to view all available wireless networks, and select one

@wilcre: I believe Paolo01 wants to use a different cellular (GSM) network, this program will allow to find and use wireless (WiFi) networks.

@Paolo01: You could try this, but if roaming is not allowed in your area you'll have the same issue that poster had. I have manual network selection on my phones, yet I'm not allowed to roam on T-Mobile network in my area.

Message Edited by dmapr on 09-10-2008 12:25:05 PM
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 8 (1,330 Views)
Expert

dmapr wrote:

wilcre wrote:

Paolo01 wrote:

@wilcre: I believe Paolo01 wants to use a different cellular (GSM) network, this program will allow to find and use wireless (WiFi) networks.
     @Paolo01: You could try this, but if roaming is not allowed in your area you'll have the same issue that poster had. I have manual network selection on my phones, yet I'm not allowed to roam on T-Mobile network in my area.
     Thank you for pointing that out dmapr and thank you for providing that link to the proper info.
Message 8 of 8 (1,322 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.