How do I know which laptop connect card will work with my...

Contributor

How do I know which laptop connect card will work with my...

How do I know which laptop connect card will work with my laptop? Option GT Ultra or Option GT Ultra Express? Thanks for your input.
Message 1 of 6 (6,039 Views)
Scholar

Re: How do I know which laptop connect card will work with my...

[ Edited ]
What kind of laptop? How old? What operating system? What kind of slots/ports for peripherals does it have?

Message Edited by rsnadel on 03-05-2008 04:17:26 PM
Message 2 of 6 (6,020 Views)
Contributor

Dell laptop, Inspiron 2200, purchased April 2005. Has a slot on the left hand side, a hard plastic card goes in to this slot. Thanks for your time in responding and helping me.
Message 3 of 6 (5,993 Views)
Scholar

Sounds like your choices are either a USB Air Connect card (which connects through the USB port) or a card that uses the PC slot. You would not be able to use any of the ExpressCard options...they're for newer machines. Start here and then follow the links:

You're probably running some form of Windows XP, which should be fine. Windows XP Professional would be better, but don't bother getting it if you don't have it.
Message 4 of 6 (5,976 Views)
Guru

I am not familiar with the Dells, but to verify which type of slot you have see the following link. Look at the pictures of the 3 cards listed. You can click on the image to see a larger version of it. The 2 top cards are different forms of the ExpressCard. The bottom card is a PC Cardbus card, not an ExpressCard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expresscard
Message 5 of 6 (5,960 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for your input, it was a great help!!
Message 6 of 6 (5,929 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.