Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 5, 2008
1:04:37 PM
View profile
How do I know which laptop connect card will work with my...
How do I know which laptop connect card will work with my laptop? Option GT Ultra or Option GT Ultra Express? Thanks for your input.
How do I know which laptop connect card will work with my laptop? Option GT Ultra or Option GT Ultra Express? Thanks for your input.

How do I know which laptop connect card will work with my...

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2008 4:14:41 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by rsnadel on Mar 5, 2008 at 4:17:26 PM
What kind of laptop? How old? What operating system? What kind of slots/ports for peripherals does it have?

Message Edited by rsnadel on 03-05-2008 04:17:26 PM
What kind of laptop? How old? What operating system? What kind of slots/ports for peripherals does it have?

Message Edited by rsnadel on 03-05-2008 04:17:26 PM

Re: How do I know which laptop connect card will work with my...

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (6,009 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2008 8:09:30 AM
(0)
Contributor
Dell laptop, Inspiron 2200, purchased April 2005. Has a slot on the left hand side, a hard plastic card goes in to this slot. Thanks for your time in responding and helping me.
Dell laptop, Inspiron 2200, purchased April 2005. Has a slot on the left hand side, a hard plastic card goes in to this slot. Thanks for your time in responding and helping me.

3 of 6 (5,982 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2008 12:46:30 PM
(0)
Scholar
Sounds like your choices are either a USB Air Connect card (which connects through the USB port) or a card that uses the PC slot. You would not be able to use any of the ExpressCard options...they're for newer machines. Start here and then follow the links:

You're probably running some form of Windows XP, which should be fine. Windows XP Professional would be better, but don't bother getting it if you don't have it.
Sounds like your choices are either a USB Air Connect card (which connects through the USB port) or a card that uses the PC slot. You would not be able to use any of the ExpressCard options...they're for newer machines. Start here and then follow the links:

You're probably running some form of Windows XP, which should be fine. Windows XP Professional would be better, but don't bother getting it if you don't have it.

4 of 6 (5,965 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2008 3:25:53 PM
(0)
Guru
I am not familiar with the Dells, but to verify which type of slot you have see the following link. Look at the pictures of the 3 cards listed. You can click on the image to see a larger version of it. The 2 top cards are different forms of the ExpressCard. The bottom card is a PC Cardbus card, not an ExpressCard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expresscard
I am not familiar with the Dells, but to verify which type of slot you have see the following link. Look at the pictures of the 3 cards listed. You can click on the image to see a larger version of it. The 2 top cards are different forms of the ExpressCard. The bottom card is a PC Cardbus card, not an ExpressCard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expresscard

5 of 6 (5,949 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2008 6:33:27 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks for your input, it was a great help!!
Thanks for your input, it was a great help!!

6 of 6 (5,918 Views)