Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 23, 2012
6:33:43 PM
View profile
How do I install Microsoft Windows Pocket PC 2003 2nd Edition or higher on my Samsung Skyrocket

I'm a complete smartphone newbie.

I installed something on my smartphone that requires Microsoft Windows Pocket PC 2003 2nd Edition or higher.

Where do I go to get this, exactly what do I install & how.

Thanks

I'm a complete smartphone newbie.

I installed something on my smartphone that requires Microsoft Windows Pocket PC 2003 2nd Edition or higher.

Where do I go to get this, exactly what do I install & how.

Thanks

How do I install Microsoft Windows Pocket PC 2003 2nd Edition or higher on my Samsung Skyrocket

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2012 7:20:32 PM
(0)
Former Employee

You can't, it's not an app, it's an old operating system that is not in use anymore and not available for sale individually. The only way you could have that is by purchasing an old device that is running it already.

You can't, it's not an app, it's an old operating system that is not in use anymore and not available for sale individually. The only way you could have that is by purchasing an old device that is running it already.

Re: How do I install Microsoft Windows Pocket PC 2003 2nd Edition or higher on my Samsung Skyrocket

2 of 4 (3,269 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2012 8:17:06 PM
(0)
Guru

What exactly did you try to install? As has been pointed out, that's a very old version of what is now known as Windows Phone. You can't cross the streams and install Windows apps on Android phones, or vice versa. I don't even think old Windows Mobile apps work on the new Windows Phone.

What exactly did you try to install? As has been pointed out, that's a very old version of what is now known as Windows Phone. You can't cross the streams and install Windows apps on Android phones, or vice versa. I don't even think old Windows Mobile apps work on the new Windows Phone.

Re: How do I install Microsoft Windows Pocket PC 2003 2nd Edition or higher on my Samsung Skyrocket

3 of 4 (3,266 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2012 10:06:24 PM
(0)
Employee
You're half right, the HD2 runs Android beautifully, but that is a magic phone lol
You're half right, the HD2 runs Android beautifully, but that is a magic phone lol
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (3,252 Views)